Search

Continental/United Club Lounge at GRU

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2011, 12:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 1wfudeac
anyone know if the showers are working in the RCC? I saw various reports in other threads discussing the SEA-EWR mistake fare stating the lounge agents said they were broken; however a voucher was provided to some other place. I am arriving morning of 5/29 for the 12hr stay and want to shower before heading into the city.
Have you considered trying to take a shower at EWR/IAH/IAD before heading to GRU? Or are you hoping to get UA to give you vouchers for "Fast Sleep" there to take a shower?

After being told a few days ago that the UA RCC showers were still not available, I went to the TAM lounge and took my usual shower in the mini-shower stall at the TAM lounge. But I do that prior to departing GRU back for the US or whatever other country is on my itinerary.

"Fast Sleep": http://www.slavierohoteis.com.br/sla...?pagina=hoteis . This would cost at least US$25.00 if paying out of your own pocket.
Old May 1, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by 1wfudeac
anyone know if the showers are working in the RCC? I saw various reports in other threads discussing the SEA-EWR mistake fare stating the lounge agents said they were broken; however a voucher was provided to some other place. I am arriving morning of 5/29 for the 12hr stay and want to shower before heading into the city.
Also, did the mistake fare book you into a fare class that is required to use the showers? Otherwise, the Fast Sleep will likely be your bet option.
Old May 1, 2011, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by qfrodo
Also, did the mistake fare book you into a fare class that is required to use the showers? Otherwise, the Fast Sleep will likely be your bet option.
For Star Golds accessing Star Alliance airline-operated lounges on day of departure from the airport on a Star Alliance-operated flight, the fare classes booked doesn't matter.
Old May 2, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by GUWonder
For Star Golds accessing Star Alliance airline-operated lounges on day of departure from the airport on a Star Alliance-operated flight, the fare classes booked doesn't matter.
I agree, however I was talking specifically about shower access, which is restricted to certain fare classes.
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,50001,00.html
Click on the Sao Paulo link for hours of operation.
Old May 4, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: CO Plat
So maybe i am not familiar with GRU but in my case, i will be arriving around 5am. I don't think it is worth to book a hotel to get there aroun 7am and be charged a full night just to take a shower. I am fine taking a shower at the airport but from what i recall, once you pass through customs, you are outside the gate. How do i get back inside the terminal to access any of the discussed shower facilities (sleep in airport or rcc)?
Old May 4, 2011, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by qfrodo
I agree, however I was talking specifically about shower access, which is restricted to certain fare classes.
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,50001,00.html
Click on the Sao Paulo link for hours of operation.
I see your point. That link is for arrival facilities. All facilities -- showers included -- in a departure lounge are to be made available to all entitled to departure lounge access, regardless of fare class. The problem with UA at some places is that UA has manufactured a distinction by creating an "arrivals" area inside a Star Gold lounge for purposes that include cost-cutting and perhaps denying facilities to Star Gold customers. GRU -- according to the links on ual.com -- appears to be one such place where UA may have a practice that allows only certain fare classes qualify for a shower and then only if having arrived in such fare classes into GRU. The RCC at GRU is not listed as having showers.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 4, 2011 at 3:03 pm
Old May 4, 2011, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kuwaito
So maybe i am not familiar with GRU but in my case, i will be arriving around 5am. I don't think it is worth to book a hotel to get there aroun 7am and be charged a full night just to take a shower. I am fine taking a shower at the airport but from what i recall, once you pass through customs, you are outside the gate. How do i get back inside the terminal to access any of the discussed shower facilities (sleep in airport or rcc)?
If you clear immigration and customs, then you would need a boarding pass with a departure tax sticker on it to get back airside to access the UA lounge facilities. There's a landside Fast Sleep location too, but I'm not sure if it has showers or not.

You may want to look into gyms that provide one-use passes or pay-by-the-day access. They may have showers and thus no need tor o pay fa hotel room merely to shower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.