Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC Partner: Earning BD miles on Emirates?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC Partner: Earning BD miles on Emirates?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2009, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Question Earning BD miles on Emirates?

Hi,

Been looking at some of my future Emirates (EK) bookings and have seen the option of changing my FF number to "British Midland". Since when is this possible? Has anyone got a chart of earning (& spending) miles on EK?
Old Sep 19, 2009, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Surely you jest....

But no, you cannot earn miles on BD.

I think EK site made a mistake in earning capabilities anyway.

As can be seen here, BD is not one of their partner airlines in Skywards either.

http://www.emirates.com/english/Skyw...ing_miles.aspx

But while one may be able to earn on one programme, may not necessarily mean it works the other round.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 9:17 am

A poster on this thread reports that they have already given their new-style BD card number to Emirates and had the miles posted to their BD account - they don't mention what routes or how many miles though.

I can't find anywhere on the BD website details of the partnership or the earning rate.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 10:00 am

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
The poster on the other thread is BA6501! Perhaps if you have indeed managed to get miles posted from EK as you have claimed you could share more details? AFAIK there is only a codeshare relationship between BD and EK.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 4:16 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by BHDBOY
The poster on the other thread is BA6501! Perhaps if you have indeed managed to get miles posted from EK as you have claimed you could share more details? AFAIK there is only a codeshare relationship between BD and EK.
Where is there a codeshare between EK and BD?
Old Sep 19, 2009, 5:05 pm

I think I'm getting mixed up here, it's Etihad (EY), not Emirates (EK) where the codeshare exists e.g. EY17 AUH-LHR is also marketed as BD4953. Apologies.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BHDBOY
I think I'm getting mixed up here, it's Etihad (EY), not Emirates (EK) where the codeshare exists e.g. EY17 AUH-LHR is also marketed as BD4953. Apologies.
Codeshares don't count as mileage earning when the carrier 'metalwise' is not a BD partner. QR yes, but not EK or EY.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It was a multi-city trip for BEY-DXB-MEL-DXB-LHR-DXB-BEY.

It was all in J and I think I received 2x the distance flown, though I am not sure about that part.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
It was a multi-city trip for BEY-DXB-MEL-DXB-LHR-DXB-BEY.

It was all in J and I think I received 2x the distance flown, though I am not sure about that part.
We have enough problems trying to get things that should credit getting across to BD. I can assure you that EK won't credit to BD and I would need hard proof to believe otherwise. EK is not a Diamond Club partner and has never been. The closest carrier from the region which can is QR. QR however only credits destination miles and not membership/status miles.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 3:21 am

Anyone who has an Emirates booking can change the FFP online. Emirates offers a drop-down menu with all carriers they partner with. Mysteriously, BD appears now as well:
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5670/ekbmi.jpg
Old Sep 20, 2009, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by jarino
Anyone who has an Emirates booking can change the FFP online. Emirates offers a drop-down menu with all carriers they partner with. Mysteriously, BD appears now as well:
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5670/ekbmi.jpg
We are not disputing that. We are just disputing the fact that BD is an earning partner.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 3:46 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Maybe this belongs in the LH Takeover thread...
Old Sep 20, 2009, 3:53 am
Suspended

That jpeg clearly shows BD in the drop down menu.....interesting.....maybe Joanna can shed some light on this? After all, if we are now going to get miles, Ill consider using them when I go to SYD in Jan.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You can credit EK miles to a few programmes inc Korean and a Japanese one if I remember rightly. I decided they were all pants and I put my 20k EK miles into an EK account in Jan. If I ever fly to DXB again I will top it up to 25k and do a J F upgrade.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:52 am

Given BD's track record of making unnannounced changes (e.g. no M+C on LH F), there may well be something in this. Would like to hear a few more experiences though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.