Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: end of MAN-GLA, EMA-CGN routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed: end of MAN-GLA, EMA-CGN routes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:47 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Exclamation Confirmed: end of MAN-GLA, EMA-CGN routes

This just came into travel agents:

Dear Trade Partner

Unfortunately our services between

* London Heathrow and Venice
* London Heathrow and Palma

will end on 15 November and 3 November 2009 respectively, and

* East Midlands and Cologne
* Manchester and Glasgow

will end on 18 September 2009.

Our immediate priority is to secure alternatives for you to rebook your clients with the minimum of disruption.

We intend to start reaccommodating from 11 September 2009 and we will notify you on this date with the options available.

Our reaccommodation programme will cover all passengers ticketed by 10 September 2009 for Palma and Venice and 8 September 2009 for Cologne and Glasgow. All passengers must be ticketed by these dates to be eligible for reaccommodation.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused to your clients.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...in-routes.html
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:06 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I have copied the OP's post to that thread aswell - so discussion about PMI and VCE can continue there.

Let's continue discusssions on MAN-GLA and EMA-CGN here.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
I am not surprised about EMA-CGN to be honest, although I was expecting it to stay on a bit longer in light of the takeover. I wonder what the ERJ is going to do in between BRU rotations now?
Old Sep 4, 2009, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Silver BD Silver
Just got an email but it only had Man-Gla being cancelled, why not tell me about them all? What other airlines have aroute from Man to Gla?
Old Sep 4, 2009, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by RedMark
Just got an email but it only had Man-Gla being cancelled, why not tell me about them all? What other airlines have aroute from Man to Gla?
flybe will be the sole operator on MAN - GLA
Old Sep 4, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ICH Plat, Radisson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jiml1126
flybe will be the sole operator on MAN - GLA
They've pretty much been the sole operator for months now. The MAN-GLA was a one rotation route so you could go up or down but not back the same day, how flipping stupid was that.....
Old Sep 5, 2009, 6:58 am

Programs: BA G, AC*G, PC P, Marriot Plat, Carlson Gold etc....
Are we seeing the end of Regional?

Maybe the bits that are left can just be wrapped into mainline and reduce operating costs significantly?
Old Sep 5, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC
It must only be a matter of time before the Leeds-Bradford to Glasgow flight is pulled, too. I did 3 return trips on it in August and there can't have ever been more than 15 passengers on the c60-70 seat Embraer plane.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheKipper
Are we seeing the end of Regional?

Maybe the bits that are left can just be wrapped into mainline and reduce operating costs significantly?
I would have thought that regional existed as an entity precisely because it had lower operating costs than mainline (that is usually the rationale for most regional off-shoots of carriers). Is that not the case with BD?
Old Sep 5, 2009, 1:57 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I don't know that we can say for sure, but your reasoning is sound. Also, it has long been held on this board that regional was a money maker, so I don't see what that would change.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 3:50 am

I'll only comment on the route I know well which are LBA to EDI/ GLA/ BRU and a couple of the MAN routes.

All are a shadow of what they were 18 months ago when i'm on record on here as saying Regional must be printing cash in comparison to the rest of the business.

But now....... capacity has dropped dramatically and demand is through the floor. As an example, LBA to EDI and GLA went from 4 flights per day to 2, and they now can't fill these. Similar stories at MAN. LBA - BRU is a ghostship.

I was talking to someone at Servisair and they are counting the weeks to a full pullout from LBA by bmi. They know it will happen, just not sure when. MAN is also shrinking. So just what is left?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 4:46 am

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
Any thoughts on GLA/EDI-CPH; are these routes popular or are they also running well under capacity? It'll be regretable if regional goes completely because after BA butchered theirs this would leave us regional passengers with much fewer options Whilst Flybe and even Easyjet are useful in their own way I feel much happier to make connections with a full service carrier.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 4:54 am

Genuinely don't know on EDI-CPH. Never go that route.

I know LBA - CPH lasted nearly a year I think. But times were poor for onward connections.

It must sound as if I hate bmi. But I love flying with them most of the time, both product, staff and routes. But they've jerked me (and other LBA flyers and MAN TATL) around so much this last year i'm seriously losing the love.!
Old Sep 6, 2009, 8:48 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
We've been planning a jaunt from GLA over to CPH for a couple of months, should probably do it while we still can. Hard to believe, but I've never flown with BMI-R or an ERJ... I'd better get a move on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.