Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-travel Support-WOW!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2009, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up Pre-travel Support-WOW!!!!!!

Just had my first experience of calling pre-travel support and all I can say is WOW! Called and explained that I was looking to get a flight from EDI to CPH but as yet there was no award seats and could I be placed on a waiting list. He said he'd just check with inventory management and 2 mins. later he was taking my credit card details...superb service; fast, polite and efficient...5 stars from a super happy silver.

Flight has just been ticketed 10 mins. Later! Still waiting for the cph-isg flight to be done though.....

Last edited by peter10; Jul 23, 2009 at 9:31 am Reason: Update
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
So how does one contact the Pre Travel support?
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
I'm not sure they are supposed to be used in this way, but if it works....
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:50 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Yeah, that doesn't sound right.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 12:07 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
I'd say using them for things like this is the best way to reduce their effectiveness for us all in future.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by peter10
5 stars from a super happy silver......
Sssssssssh! Or everyone will want one

Enjoy your trip
Old Jul 23, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: F
Soon a call to Pre-Travel Support will start with the following pre-recorded menu options:

"Have you tried phoning the special Diamond Club line, where you can talk to a highly trained personal premium concierge to book your trip?"

"Ok, did you try phoning and back and asking for a supervisor?"

"Did you end up crying or screaming with rage?"
You will only get through to PTS if you answer YES to all three questions.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 1:23 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Tricky

You see the OP would have got nowhere with Pune on this one, so they were right to go to Pre Travel Support.

That said

we don't want them overloaded so when LX go from seven days a week to PVG down to five, your F seat is cancelled, and you were connecting onto NZ in J down to AKL, you end up not being able to get through to them. Heaven knows in a situation like this you would need them and not Pune.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 4:13 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Pune does have a special rebooking team who are not too bad, for the most part, so escalating to PTS unnecessarily is perhaps not a good thing - if it gets out of hand, access could be restricted.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Pune does have a special rebooking team who are not too bad, for the most part, so escalating to PTS unnecessarily is perhaps not a good thing - if it gets out of hand, access could be restricted.
Couldn't agree more!
Old Jul 24, 2009, 7:07 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
Tricky

You see the OP would have got nowhere with Pune on this one, so they were right to go to Pre Travel Support.
Why wouldn't they have got anywhere?
Plenty of us have been waitlisted via Pune and got the seats in the past, sure you may have to wait a few hours/a day but it does work. The only thing here is the OP hasn't said when the flights were for so if it was a short notice thing (Which it doesn;t appear to be) then fair enough but if it's a long way off, I don't agree it was right to bother pre travel support with this, it could have been handled in Pune.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 7:24 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by Private Pyle
Why wouldn't they have got anywhere?
I suspect that, as the request was from a BD*S, the ICC would have just said "sorry sir, it's not possible". It has worked out well for the OP, but I agree that the good people of Donnington Hall should be used sparingly, so that they are there when you really need them...
Old Jul 24, 2009, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by raikje
I suspect that, as the request was from a BD*S, the ICC would have just said "sorry sir, it's not possible". It has worked out well for the OP, but I agree that the good people of Donnington Hall should be used sparingly, so that they are there when you really need them...
I've had stuff waitlisted and released as a *S in the past, never shouted about it before for obvious reasons...... which I've now messed up
Old Jul 25, 2009, 7:51 am

It's simple.

If you have any hair left on your head, it's not yet time to call Pre-Travel Support - it's reserved only for people who have pulled out all their hair while dealing with the ICC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.