Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: Booking on SQ in Y - ANA shows seat, ICC says no

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: Booking on SQ in Y - ANA shows seat, ICC says no

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2009, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Booking on SQ in Y - ANA shows seat, ICC says no

Hi All,

Can anyone offer some advice on this. I am trying to book a one way from LHR to SYD on SQ in Y, ANA shows seats are available, but when I call the ICC they say 'yes, seats are available' but when they come to book it they say, no, we cant get the seats.

Do I just need to keep on trying, or is there actually some blocking of economy seats on the 380 going on?

Might have to use TG, but they dont have any seatback TV's and this is a long flight!

Thanks! ^
Old May 23, 2009, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
this does happen from time to time - sometimes the fault of the ICC, but also it does happen that they can't book the seat.

Best bet is to call back and speak to another agent. If that doesn't do the trick wait a few hours and try again.
Old May 23, 2009, 7:46 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
ICC says Yes!

Just made a simple mixed class one-way M&C redemption myself this afternoon with complete ease. I booked LHR-SIN on SQ in Economy on the A380 for travel next month. Then SIN-MEL in First Class for travel in August in First Class on one of the few remaining 744s in service. Taxes were correct and loaded in only a few minutes. Excellent service from the ICC.

Miles & Cash: 25,000 miles & £170.

Total taxes: £205.60

bmi CC Fee: £4.00

Total: £379.60

EDITED to add:

PHP Code:
 FARE CALCULATION  LON SQ SIN SQ MEL170GBP170END XT
                     0.8YR40GB21.2UB12.5SG6.5WY4DU

AIR FARE          
GBP      170.00
 TAX               
GBP GB   118.00YQ   GB     6.60YQ  GB      45.4XT
 TOTAL             
GBP      379.60 
The above comprises of:
- £40 UK Air Passenger Duty (GB)
- £21.20 LHR Passenger Service Charge (UB)
- £12.50 Singapore Passenger Facility Charge (SG)
- £6.50 Australia Passenger Service Charge (WY)
- £118.00 Fuel Surcharge (YQ)
- £6.60 Additional Fuel Surcharge (First Class) YQ
- £0.80 Insurance Surcharge (YR)

Total: £205.60

Last edited by Strawb; May 25, 2009 at 8:51 am
Old May 23, 2009, 8:23 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Strawb
Just made a simple mixed class one-way M&C redemption myself this afternoon with complete ease. I booked LHR-SIN on SQ in Economy on the A380 for travel next month. Then SIN-MEL in First Class for travel in August in First Class on one of the few remaining 744s in service. Taxes were correct and loaded in only a few minutes. Excellent service from the ICC.

Miles & Cash: 25,000 miles & £170.

Total taxes: £205.60

bmi CC Fee: £4.00

Total: £379.60

This will probably be my last ever flight on SQ's 744 in First Class so they'd better not change the equipment before I travel!!! Bargain redemption considering the new cost of a one-way M&C redemption SIN-MEL in F costs 31,250 miles and £212.50 cash.
Wot the hell! You managed to get SIN-MEL for Y miles! Thats ridiculous!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.