Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: DC Zone 7 to 7 J Class Rates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: DC Zone 7 to 7 J Class Rates

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2009, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, AMEX BA PP, AMEX Platinum
DC Zone 7 to 7 J Class Rates

Hi guys,

I'm looking at doing an outright redemption as follows:

SIN-BKK (1 Night Stopover)
BKK-TPE (2 Week Stopover)
TPE-SIN

This is all in Zone 7 so would the whole thing on a single ticket be 45,000 miles in total or are the calculations different?

On the same point, am wondering that with something like:

SFO-LAS (3 Night Stopover)
LAS-PHX (3 Night Stopover)
PHX-LAX (3 Night Stopover)
LAX-SFO

How would the above be charged on an outright redemption or even C+M?

The jist of the question is that when the origin and end point of the itinerary in the same, do you get charged per sector or 1 set of miles from origin to destination and then another set of miles for destination or origin?

Cheers guys
Old May 8, 2009, 4:31 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Only 1 stopover is allowed on a return ticket, so your plan for itin 1 shoud be SIN-BKK(stopover)-TPE booked as a 1 way ticket. Then TPE-SIN booked as a second ticket. There's no extra charge for booking 2x one ways and you have more flexibility.

Ana again on your second itin, you should be looking at something like SFO-LAS-PHX, PHX-LAX-SFO as 2x 1 ways.

Last edited by Tiger_lily; May 8, 2009 at 4:39 am Reason: D'oh didn't see it was J class
Old May 8, 2009, 4:37 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
TPE is in Zone 8. But your calculations are correct for J class. It is indeed 45,000 miles return for a full miles redemption from Zone 7.
Old May 8, 2009, 4:46 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Only 1 stopover is allowed on a return ticket, so your plan for itin 1 shoud be SIN-BKK(stopover)-TPE booked as a 1 way ticket. Then TPE-SIN booked as a second ticket. There's no extra charge for booking 2x one ways and you have more flexibility.

Ana again on your second itin, you should be looking at something like SFO-LAS-PHX, PHX-LAX-SFO as 2x 1 ways.
The first itin could be done as a return ticket SIN-TPE with a single stopover in BKK on the outbound leg. The US one does need to be two one way redemptions.
Old May 8, 2009, 4:59 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Mr H
The first itin could be done as a return ticket SIN-TPE with a single stopover in BKK on the outbound leg.
As long as that BKK stopover is <24 hrs?
Old May 8, 2009, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
As long as that BKK stopover is <24 hrs?
No - I think it may be the OP using "stopover" for his time in TPE that is confusing things. He or she basically wants to do a return trip from Singapore to Taiwan, but with a single stopover en route in Bangkok. You are allowed a single stopover on any itinerary provided it is not in Europe - and this is in addition to the time you spend in your destination. So the stopover in Bangkok can exceed 24 hours.
Old May 8, 2009, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks ever so much for the help guys ^ First redemption on DC and all that

I understand that I can do SIN-BKK (Stopover)-TPE on a one way ticket and then TPE-SIN on a one way ticket for a total of 45,000 miles in J class or one a through ticket with the one stopover allowed for the same miles.

In the same vein, I can do SFO-LAS-PHX on a one way ticket and PHX-LAX-SFO on a one way ticket, for a total of 45,000 miles in J class.

Due to the one stopover rule, I guess I can't do something like this on 2 x one way tickets for a total of 45,000 miles in J class?

SFO-ORD-LAS on a one way ticket and LAS-PHX-LAX-SFO on a one way ticket on a one way ticket as there is more than one stopover on the second ticket.

Lastly, any idea whether if you do a redemption as 2 x one ways, whether it comes on the same PNR with two ticket numbers or whether each one way is on a separate PNR?

Cheers guys
Old May 8, 2009, 11:51 am

You can change planes as often as you like - and you can leave the airport for under 24 hours as often as you like all on one ticket. You are allowed a maximum of one stopover of more than 24 hours in addition to getting out at your destination.
Old May 8, 2009, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Mr H
You can change planes as often as you like - and you can leave the airport for under 24 hours as often as you like all on one ticket. You are allowed a maximum of one stopover of more than 24 hours in addition to getting out at your destination.
... as long as the routing is approved by the call centre!
Old May 8, 2009, 9:44 pm
sy7

Originally Posted by krich
Hi guys,
On the same point, am wondering that with something like:

SFO-LAS (3 Night Stopover)
LAS-PHX (3 Night Stopover)
PHX-LAX (3 Night Stopover)
LAX-SFO

How would the above be charged on an outright redemption or even C+M?

The jist of the question is that when the origin and end point of the itinerary in the same, do you get charged per sector or 1 set of miles from origin to destination and then another set of miles for destination or origin?

Cheers guys
I would NOT get an award ticket for the above flights. These are all really inexpensive for paid tickets--you could probably easily get the 4 one-way tickets for ~$250 total (in economy). Each flight is only ~ 1 hr, so really, no point in getting First class (and you will be charged first class, since these intra-US flights don't sell business class).
Old May 9, 2009, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Cheers guys.

Yeah, that US routing wouldn't be very good value, as I believe it would cost 75,000 miles a ticket - Thanks for reminding me that it would be 2.5x the Economy Miles as those flights are charged as First Class.

Something like SFO-ORD-DEN on a one-way ticket and DEN-LAX-SFO on one-way ticket could be good as the SFO-ORD can be very pricy for paid First Class but 75,000 seems very steep.

Any ideas whether two separate tickets come on the same PNR with separate ticket numbers, or if you get one PNR per ticket please?

Cheers again guys ^
Old May 9, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by krich
Any ideas whether two separate tickets come on the same PNR with separate ticket numbers, or if you get one PNR per ticket please?
You'll get two PNRs normally. Is there any particular issue you are concerned about by asking this?
Old May 9, 2009, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks ^

I was wondering from the POV that with a US itinerary, sometimes one way tickets can cause a SSSS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.