Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Quick enough to take it - slow to give it back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Club, Krisflyer, BA Exec

I had to cancel one redemption booking and remove 1 pax from 2 others.

When I made the bookings my miles disappeared within 48 hours and my credit card was debited within 72 hours.

Now, after cancellation and changing, I have had to wait 16 days for the credit card to be credited and had to involve Diamond Club to get the miles back on the cancellation booking.

The 2 others took 14 days for the cash element to be refunded and I am still waiting on the miles to re-credit. Looks like DC will have to come to the rescue yet again?

Do you all agree that this is a bit pathetically slow?

cheers, Gordie
Old Apr 10, 2009, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
In my experience, nothing happens until you chase it up with the UK refund phone line. It's pretty poor service.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 3:56 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by icebird
In my experience, nothing happens until you chase it up with the UK refund phone line. It's pretty poor service.
I cancelled a redemption on BD two weeks ago and waited and waited. Just when I thought I'd have to call the refunds department by credit card bill came in and it showed the refund from bmi. Sitll not seen the miles come back yet though.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:00 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
I cancelled one the other day, miles showed up same day.
I cancelled one this morning, miles are back in the acc as of now.

No sign of the cash for either but it is too soon and I expect to need to chase it up anyway.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:04 am

I had the same situation, I called the refunds department and she did the credit card refund there and then. I called the Indian call center and the lady refunded my miles instantly.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 7:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Cash back after 10 days on a recent cancallation. Miles back to one account after 14, other account still missing. A job for my return to the UK in a few days I suspect.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Blue
I cancelled two awards on 2 different accounts on 20 March. The award cancelled last of the 2 was refunded on my CC within a few days and the miles refunded to the account even quicker.

I made an award booking at the same time as the first award was cancelled and noticed within days that my total miles had gone down by 70K+, but there was no explanation of this reduction. The amount equates to the redemption made at the same time as the first canx - VS in PE GLA-MCO-GLA. I'm disappointed to be required to guess what the reduction relates to.

I'm even more disappointed that after 2 calls to ICC the miles for the first canx have not been refunded despite twice being promised, when I called, that the miles would be credited within 24 hours The taxes etc were eventually refunded following a call to Refunds. I asked for the name of the second agent who promised to refund the miles and I've sent a pm to diamond club with details and request for assistance.

What a rigmarole to have to go through.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.