Wiki Posts
Search

ANA domestic with BMI Miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2009, 7:47 am
Original Poster

ANA domestic with BMI Miles

Hi,

does anyone know if I can redeem BMI miles on ANA domestic routes? I am thinking of taking a short trip down to Ishigaki/Okinawa.

Many thanks,

Peter10
Old Feb 4, 2009, 8:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Should be possible (subject to space etc), but expensive at 30000 miles return + Tax or 15000 + £100 for C+M+Tax. (Zone 8-8 return - you can fly to China, Hong Kong, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Taiwan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan for the same price as that Z8 return)

If you're flying ANA, remember nearly all their fare codes (bar redemption) earn, so do the mathematics...
Old Feb 4, 2009, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
For some reason I am under the impression that it is not possible to redeem bmi miles (or miles from other non-ANA *A programmes) ANA domestic flights that don't include int'l sectors. Don't know where I got that from but I still think it is true!
Old Feb 4, 2009, 8:31 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
I imagine you should be able to.

The wonderful "non-expandable, cannot scroll without losing the headings" mileage chart shows 30,000 miles as your price. All of Japan seems to be in Zone 8.

I wouldn't say "short" trip though. Great Circle mapper has
HND to OKA as 966 miles and HND to ISG as 1210 miles.
I assume that you will be departing from Tokyo?

1210 miles, would take you from from London to Keflavik, Iceland, or nearly as far as London to Casablanca/St Petersburg/Malta/Sofia give or take 100 miles.

Basically its a 3 hour flight.
Having said that, 3 hours sounds pretty good compared with trying to commute from South London at the moment.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 8:38 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Also bear in mind that a lot of the NH domestic flights are economy only; even with an international connection in C, you don't get put into a "Super Seat" even if the aircraft have them.
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
For some reason I am under the impression that it is not possible to redeem bmi miles (or miles from other non-ANA *A programmes) ANA domestic flights that don't include int'l sectors.
Jetstreamer, I suspect this thought might come about due to the ability to book revenue domestic flights; I believe a lot (all?) of the domestic flights can only be purchased 3 months (?) prior to travel unless an international itin. is included.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
30k is a lot of miles - I'm doing SIN-NRT in SQ F one-way for only 15,000 miles (C+M) and that's a 7 hour flight!
Old Feb 4, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by jbfield
Jetstreamer, I suspect this thought might come about due to the ability to book revenue domestic flights; I believe a lot (all?) of the domestic flights can only be purchased 3 months (?) prior to travel unless an international itin. is included.
I actually think I read somewhere on FT that ANA restricts domestic awards to *A partners and only allows them if they are a connection to an international itin. However as a former academic I appreciate that without a source my belief could be taken as the ramblings of a mad man (and perhaps it is).
Old Feb 4, 2009, 9:04 am

Programs: BA, Marriott & SPG, Hilton, Avis
Originally Posted by gnarly
I imagine you should be able to.

The wonderful "non-expandable, cannot scroll without losing the headings" mileage chart shows 30,000 miles as your price. All of Japan seems to be in Zone 8.
Try the direct link below. Because it is not a link from within the bmi site, it doesn't have the javascript so you can maximise and scroll!

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/src/html/d...pendmiles.html
Old Feb 4, 2009, 9:10 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Originally Posted by howbigmassive
Try the direct link below. Because it is not a link from within the bmi site, it doesn't have the javascript so you can maximise and scroll!

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/src/html/d...pendmiles.html
Thanks. Book-marked.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 9:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by howbigmassive
You can also right-click the link from the bmi site and "open in new window"
Old Feb 4, 2009, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
30k is a lot of miles - I'm doing SIN-NRT in SQ F one-way for only 15,000 miles (C+M) and that's a 7 hour flight!
We've just booked BKK-NRT in NH J one-way for only 11,250 miles (C+M) and it's not much shorter at 6 hours. No F available on the NH flight
Old Feb 4, 2009, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

thanks

Thanks for the replies.
Yes I have put the Z8-Z8 to good use before but I am planning this trip during Japan's Golden Week when prices go up quite a bit. As you know domestic air travel in Japan can be quite expensive sometimes more so than international routes. I managed to get the availabity to display on ANA by puttting in a dummy route from Europe to Ishigaki via Tokyo. Petty good. Using miles plus cash I can get this flight for half the price plus 2 stopovers (2 one-ways). ITA only lists the consumption tax on this flight, I wonder if this is all I pay? Anyone know if this is the case?

Peter10
Old Feb 4, 2009, 8:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by peter10
Yes I have put the Z8-Z8 to good use before but I am planning this trip during Japan's Golden Week when prices go up quite a bit.
You expect to find award availability for flights during Golden Week? You'll be lucky to find a revenue fare unless you're quick off the mark once the airlines open availability (you won't get the 350 day window). There's a reason why an elite perk in Japan is early access to reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.