Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Air Canada redemption - is EF Business or First?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2009, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.

Hi all, I have looked everywhere including the sticky but I can't work out whether 'Executive First' on AC is treated as Business or First. I have not posted in the other sticky cos I don't need help searching for availability, just this simple question. I have looked at the earning classes and it looks like EF is business but not clear, hence the question.

As always thanks for your help.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 8:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Good news - it is counted as business class.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ICH Plat, Radisson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Hi

This product is Biz class. I've used it a few times and love it. The food is good, the AVOD is OK, not a wide choice and no map though. The suite is similar to Virgin's UC and NZ's BP pods although if I'm heading to the West Coast (Canada or US) my preference is always NZ then AC then UA (that also applies to the new UA C).

A word of warning, make sure your flight is on a 777 or 767 as some (maybe all) 330's have the old product.

Last edited by bmi goldenboy; Jan 31, 2009 at 8:56 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 31, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
As well-said before, EF is basically the same as Upper Class or NZ's Business product, although with a slightly different seat design (I think it's a bit more pointy at the headrest). The moving map has actually been known to work on occasion (last time I saw it was on a 763), although never yet on the 777.

The 333 is going through a renovation now, and IIRC there is one out there, but if you have the choice, stick with the 777, then 763, although the 763 is slightly more private on the A side.

If you're alone, I rather like 6A/K on the 77W, as they're offset seats with no across-the-aisle neighbour, and the galley noise isn't terribly bad. Travelling with a partner, it's been said the across-the-aisle seats are better, although there is a partition between the middle seats on the 777 (not that it's terribly useful in the full upright position).

Hope you have a great trip, if you do choose to fly AC. I understand they can be hit or miss, but I've had consistently good luck with them.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 12:42 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
I was able to get 6A YYZ-FRA in early March on the 777. In a recent TR somone reported the map is now, finally available. I will post the link when I find it.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Thank you

Excellent! Really good info. Thanks everyone. ^
Old Jan 31, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Conveniently, it was my latest trip that I reported on with the picture link to the moving map info. Found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11138498-post9.html
Old Jan 31, 2009, 3:16 pm

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Virgin Atlantic recently lost a court case against the manufacturer of the AC Executive First suite. VS has accussed them of copying their design (search airliners.net's image database for interior pics to compare them). Although the two are very similar, a good way of describing their differences is that whereas the Virgin Upper Class seat folds to reveal a sleeping surface on the underside, the AC seat simply reclines to a horizontal bed. I've never had the pleasure of one; my 767 flight from YEG to LHR was unhappily substituted to a non-"XM" (eXtreme Makeover).
Old Jan 31, 2009, 5:16 pm

Various reports of bad service and bad food makes me wary of using AC unless I plan to eat before the flight and go straight to sleep...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.