Search

Need a new pair of undies?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2009, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RAPC
I'd be taking screengrabs with those orders
I'm not sure I'd want a screengrab - some of these things look horrible... http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product....-p564868-front

Men just shouldn't wear thongs

I would suspect the threat of sending in modelled proof of purchase should do enough to get the miles. Sending the evidence in will probably lead to an account cancellation.
Can you imagine pin-up's of us all in donington hall... "Whats that on that guys leg".... "Scald mark of a cheese toastie"
Old Jan 4, 2009, 1:24 pm

Programs: QF, SQ
saw this before xmas but figured it must be a typo.. let us all know and i'll order that long-awaited thong(?)...
Old Jan 4, 2009, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Is it best to just take a screenshot of the page on the BMI shopping page that refers to the 166 miles per pound spent? I thought that plus the e-mail confirmation (or reference number) would be enough proof if (or when) I need to raise a ticket to get the miles.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Plat
Originally Posted by where2travel
Is it best to just take a screenshot of the page on the BMI shopping page that refers to the 166 miles per pound spent? I thought that plus the e-mail confirmation (or reference number) would be enough proof if (or when) I need to raise a ticket to get the miles.
Sounds the best move to me. Mrs MattK has gone a little mad on their site...
Old Jan 4, 2009, 3:30 pm

What good does a screenshot do; doesnt it just prove that someone is good with PhotoShop? You could take a screenshot and then overwrite the mileage with any number.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
What good does a screenshot do; doesnt it just prove that someone is good with PhotoShop? You could take a screenshot and then overwrite the mileage with any number.
Well you could, but then you would be trying to defraud DC. Plus when you have a number of people publicly discussing it on a public forum who in turn have screengrabs of it as proof - well then there possibly is something in it.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Just a thought after reading the T&C

Variation

1. We expressly reserve the right in our absolute discretion to withdraw, cancel, vary in any way or change at any time without notice any service or benefit previously offered or expressed or provided to Diamond Club members and will not be liable for any resulting loss or damage howsoever occasioned.

2. We may in our absolute discretion vary or change these Terms of Use at any time and will use our reasonable endeavours to give you notice thereof. You will be deemed to have accepted any change or variation if you procure any Offers or purchase and Destinations Miles after such notice has been given.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by seattle29
Just a thought after reading the T&C
I think that they have the right to change any and all rules if they so desire, but I don't think that they have the right to change them retroactively. I.e. they could say that starting today, first class tickets on SQ will earn zero miles, but they can't change the mileage earnings for flights made yesterday or last month. Ditto for shopping points.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 4:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold (RIP), TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, IC RA, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I'm sure Joanna will want picture proof of the purchaser modelling the goods too.

That'll sure stress the bmi e-mail filter.
Well those aren't quite ready yet, need the goods first

I would suspect the threat of sending in modelled proof of purchase should do enough to get the miles. Sending the evidence in will probably lead to an account cancellation.
Depends on who models the items and what items were purchased! Not sure my purchases will do much since I bought swimming trunks and socks. No man-thongs for me this time around I'm afraid
Old Jan 4, 2009, 5:05 pm

Well you could, but then you would be trying to defraud DC. Plus when you have a number of people publicly discussing it on a public forum who in turn have screengrabs of it as proof - well then there possibly is something in it.
I wasnt in any way suggesting that I was going to alter a scrngrab, I was just suggesting it as a reason as to why they arent a good "proof". However, theres no harm in taking one anyway i suppose.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 10:58 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Page was last updated 12/23! Time to go Borat style!
Old Jan 5, 2009, 1:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
I wasnt in any way suggesting that I was going to alter a scrngrab, I was just suggesting it as a reason as to why they arent a good "proof". However, theres no harm in taking one anyway i suppose.
To clarify, I wasn't accusing you of trying to defraud DC....it was a collective 'you' same as you posed in your question. Apologies if you thought I was questioning your good name
Old Jan 5, 2009, 8:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by lallyr
When I click on the Shop Now link on my DC account page it takes me to figleaves but how do figleaves now my DC number? i have gone all the way through to the payment stage and no where does it ask for my account details.
So how does BMI know what you have spent and where?

Valentines day comming up Keep her happy and earn miles for it.
All done by 'cookies' on your PC. I am sure there is a longer more detailed explanation in somewhere else in the forum!
Old Jan 5, 2009, 9:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Ah-ha! I found my simple explanation - written many moons ago.

"its all down to "cookies".

When you sign in via the site, you pass your details over to another server (ssogateway.points.com which then resolves to earn.flybmi.com), which contains your DC number and and a few other details (have a look at the address bar when you get to the main shopping page... you might see a number beginning with 0/1/3/6 that you're familiar with (over clear HTTP for those of us who are slightly security concious)

That's enough to help generate tracking information about what you've done. All done by the magic of cookies ... as well as the magic of Points.com...

** new bit **

When you click a link, it records another cookie on your computer (and into a transaction log) which then is used for referral proposes and tracking. Quidco has a nice little graphic on how it works for them - the same can be said of the BMI / Points.com engine

Additional note for QuidCo users - If you haven't signed up for Diamond Club, BMI are paying 50p per DC Registration. Do not sign in through QuidCo and then sign through to BMI shopping - the cookies will get confused and thus it will not track easily.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 9:53 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Kevincm
Additional note for QuidCo users - If you haven't signed up for Diamond Club, BMI are paying 50p per DC Registration. Do not sign in through QuidCo and then sign through to BMI shopping - the cookies will get confused and thus it will not track easily.
You mean for a *new* DC account signup?

Too bad that the 3k mile bonus offer is not live any longer - my cousin wants to sign up now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.