Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Call Centre: Problems booking redemptions ? The DC callcentre (ICC) Shenanigans Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Call Centre: Problems booking redemptions ? The DC callcentre (ICC) Shenanigans Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2008, 1:25 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by railways
Does anyone ever:

a) record the conversation with the ICC
and/or
b) tell the agent they are going to record the call "just to ensure that you (the caller) have a record of the details of the booking you have made."
The most time I record all my BMI calls with "PAMELA" voice record a skype tooll.
So it's easy to hang them up with their own words.
But I always try to keep polite and friendly, if I hear the "there is no flight",
I ask " do you use AMADEUS ? and sure they say yes
Then I ask " could you please type ........., and you will see this flight exist, and ( if checkt bevore ) has availability.
Mostly then I hear, how do you know, and I tell them I can use AMADEUS myselve via the internet
Old Sep 20, 2008, 1:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Yeah, with our "Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2008)" thread... is sort of like bragging about what we can do and how... that BD might be closing those loopholes.

While the thread may help some people with their awards, it also may be subject to some sort of abuse by others. Its something like the MR forum, where newbies decide to join in on the act on certain mistake fares and call the airlines.

So maybe someone has called this airline and said, well, haha, don't you guys know that you're literally giving the award away by doing this....
Couldn't agree more - and it wouldn't surprise me if it is the airlines own FF members who are applying the pressure by complaining to their own respective airlines. It must be galling for them to see what some DC members are getting away with when they themselves can't do it.

What goes around comes around - the noose is certainly going to get tighter. So less bragging and keep quiet if you're lucky with a certain routing redemption.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Time to get a few bookings in before the whole thing goes t*ts up.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 4:32 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by irmster
Time to get a few bookings in before the whole thing goes t*ts up.
Exactly what I am thinking! I am hoping for a ZRH-BKK-PVG but annoyingly there is also ZRH-PVG and FRA-PVG directs. Time to put on my ''likeable guy accent''
Old Sep 20, 2008, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by pogonation
Exactly what I am thinking! I am hoping for a ZRH-BKK-PVG but annoyingly there is also ZRH-PVG and FRA-PVG directs. Time to put on my ''likeable guy accent''
You'd have to be an effin good actor to disguise that yorkshire accent .
Old Sep 20, 2008, 4:38 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Hahaha. Well luckily I don't have a yorkshire accent
Old Sep 20, 2008, 4:39 pm

Programs: DC silver
Angry

Yesterday booked Business class cash and miles one way

Singapore Airlines SQ282 AKL - SIN
Singapore Airlines SQ308 SIN - LHR
BD 090 LHR - BHD

Taxes worked out at time of booking. Got a call today about 22 hours after booking taxes undercharged by about £50 and miles by 7500. They let the miles go and I agreed to pay the extra taxes.

Reminded caller about the 24 hr rule on SQ flights now both SQ flights read "have cancelled" on checkmytrip and the booking reference with the seats that I had reserved on the SQ flights have gone from the SQ website.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by deee
Yesterday booked Business class cash and miles one way

Singapore Airlines SQ282 AKL - SIN
Singapore Airlines SQ308 SIN - LHR
BD 090 LHR - BHD

Taxes worked out at time of booking. Got a call today about 22 hours after booking taxes undercharged by about £50 and miles by 7500. They let the miles go and I agreed to pay the extra taxes.
Well you should have been charged 37,500 miles, a cash supplement of £255.00 and £153.80 in taxes, totalling £408.80.

You will have to ring back ASAP (i.e. first thing in the morning) and get them to rebook you on the flights. This however will be subject to availability.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Valid routing?

Hi, I am looking to get from South East Asia to Central Asia, Z7-Z8 one way, Thailand to Kazakhstan.

Now of course there are no direct flights, the routings are BKK-ICN-ALA or BKK-IST-ALA...

will either of those stand a chance of being accepted?

There are no seats on the ICN route, so would they allow IST?

It sure is alotta backtracking geographically, but no other options exist
Old Sep 20, 2008, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Hi, I am looking to get from South East Asia to Central Asia, Z7-Z8 one way, Thailand to Kazakhstan.

Now of course there are no direct flights, the routings are BKK-ICN-ALA or BKK-IST-ALA...

will either of those stand a chance of being accepted?

There are no seats on the ICN route, so would they allow IST?

It sure is alotta backtracking geographically, but no other options exist
Why not Asiana, they have a better product than TK....?

Or, call me a cynic, but is the routing via IST so that you can conveniently hop off in Europe and onwards to KRK?
Old Sep 21, 2008, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
well, just had a similar problem as others have had recently.

Trying to book LHR-BKK-LHR for January as 2 one ways.

Firstly the agent tried to book LHR-BKK twice as that is what she understood from '2 one-ways'.

Then she told me that TG do not fly BKK-LHR on the day I wanted (there are 2 daily flights of course).

Finally she kept asking me for the 2nd passengers name even though it is only for one ticket.

At that point I gave up. Phoned back and got the same agent so still not booked
Old Sep 21, 2008, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Boddingtons

ANA was not showing seats on the OZ flight for my dates (only 2x week anyway), but Aeroplan is showing seats, so I shouldnt have to route thru IST, which is a long way around anyway.

I hope they allow BKK-ICN-ALA!
Not a bad deal in business for 11250 miles + $150, taxes should be minimal, as OZ has a very small YQ
Old Sep 21, 2008, 9:36 am
uk1
Suspended

Probably wrong .... but is this early warning signs that takeover talks are more advanced than publicly stated?

It would be predictable to want to keep as much cash as possible on the books and keeping miles on the books might be preferable to the inter-company billing for redemptions.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 9:52 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
ANA was not showing seats on the OZ flight for my dates (only 2x week anyway)
See this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=865158
Apparently there is presently a problem with ANA not showing any OZ availability. Check with the call center for the flights you want and you may be surprised.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Boddingtons

Or, call me a cynic, but is the routing via IST so that you can conveniently hop off in Europe and onwards to KRK?

Oh you are cynical. I've heard Almaty is wonderful this time of year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.