Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2008)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2008)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2008, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dhoward
so how did you get it then?!
Predicting which flight numbers will change over to the A380 in the future. To be honest, as ANA and the SQ online booking engine still lists it as a 744 I thought I would take a bit of a gamble. However, when I now look at my bookings in the SQ manage my bookings, it's already listed as an A380.
Old May 27, 2008, 1:52 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Mofomat
Singapore Airlines R

25,000 + 170 + 135

I don't want to divulge anymore for fear of my ticket being cancelled.
Congrats, awesome! Must be best award ticket ever! ^^^
Old May 27, 2008, 2:01 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Yes, great catch ^ You must do a trip report
Old May 27, 2008, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Yes, great catch ^ You must do a trip report
I plan to. I'm not counting my chickens yet. They could always pull the A380 from that particular flight.
Old May 27, 2008, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Mofomat
I plan to. I'm not counting my chickens yet. They could always pull the A380 from that particular flight.
Has anyone out there booked F on SQ, had their flight change to the A380 and actually flown in one of the Suites?

I ask because it is not beyond SQ to say (if your flight changes to an A380) that you are booked in F, that there is no F class on the aircraft and so you would need to change to a service that does have F?

A similar (but not exact, granted) scenario to where they changed the A345 to an all J layout. Now, whilst I accept that Y to J is a leap, SQ have gone out of their way to differentiate F and R.
Old May 27, 2008, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by baggageinhall
Has anyone out there booked F on SQ, had their flight change to the A380 and actually flown in one of the Suites?

I ask because it is not beyond SQ to say (if your flight changes to an A380) that you are booked in F, that there is no F class on the aircraft and so you would need to change to a service that does have F?

A similar (but not exact, granted) scenario to where they changed the A345 to an all J layout. Now, whilst I accept that Y to J is a leap, SQ have gone out of their way to differentiate F and R.
SQ have specifically said (somewhere, I think in the announcement for the inaugural London flights, or was it Tokyo?) that all ticketed passengers in First Class will be transferred to the Suites, and made no distinction for reward travel.

The Y-class on the non-stop SQ A345 flights is a completely different scenario. The difference between F and R is, arguably, a marketing gimmick, whereas the Economy to Business difference is definitely not the same.
Old May 27, 2008, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Yes. Both revenue and reward tickets.

Except that I'm already booked in the Suites according to manage my booking on the SQ website. It's my guess that this won't even get a second look now the ticket has been issued. The only possibility where things might go wrong is that between now and when I fly, the aircraft gets changed back to a 744.

This wasn't a lucky break on my part. It was a calculated redemption based on what I've read on FT over the last couple of days.
Old May 27, 2008, 4:09 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
What date are you travelling on?
Old May 28, 2008, 2:07 am

cmn-fra-bkk

Can someone please tell me why the above is not posible with BM DC ?
thanks
Old May 28, 2008, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ches43
Can someone please tell me why the above is not posible with BM DC ?
thanks
Check your dates - no service on Wednesdays or Fridays CMN-FRA. Otherwise should be ok.
Old May 28, 2008, 4:36 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
EDI-FRA LH J
FRA-DEL LH F
stopover
DEL-SIN SQ F
SIN-MEL SQ F

SYD-ICN OZ J
stopover
ICN-SIN OZ J
SIN-LHR SQ F
LHR-EDI BD J

The return legs were smooth enough to book. The outbound was more of a problem. First, I was told there was no availability and that Delhi was not a permitted stopover. On the second call I was told that Delhi was backtracking and that there was no recognized route through Delhi - despite the ANA website whowing FRA-DEL-SIN as an option when booking FRA-SIN. The third call told me that I could do MEL as a legitimate stopover en route from LHR-DEL because LHR is in bmi's Zone 1, MEL is in Zone 9 and DEL is in Zone 10. I did point out that DEL is about half way between LHR and MEL, but the assistant would have none of it. The fourth call permitted the route but only after I had carefully spelt it out - EDI-FRA (Lufthansa business class) to DEL (Lufthansa first class - 2 night stopover) to SIN (Singapore Airlines first class) to MEL (Singapore Airlines first class). All for the price of an EDI-MEL ticket - as it should be.
Old May 28, 2008, 5:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
How much did it cost altogether? 100 000 miles +680 GBP + how much were the taxes?

Originally Posted by Mr H
EDI-FRA LH J
FRA-DEL LH F
stopover
DEL-SIN SQ F
SIN-MEL SQ F

SYD-ICN OZ J
stopover
ICN-SIN OZ J
SIN-LHR SQ F
LHR-EDI BD J

The return legs were smooth enough to book. The outbound was more of a problem. First, I was told there was no availability and that Delhi was not a permitted stopover. On the second call I was told that Delhi was backtracking and that there was no recognized route through Delhi - despite the ANA website whowing FRA-DEL-SIN as an option when booking FRA-SIN. The third call told me that I could do MEL as a legitimate stopover en route from LHR-DEL because LHR is in bmi's Zone 1, MEL is in Zone 9 and DEL is in Zone 10. I did point out that DEL is about half way between LHR and MEL, but the assistant would have none of it. The fourth call permitted the route but only after I had carefully spelt it out - EDI-FRA (Lufthansa business class) to DEL (Lufthansa first class - 2 night stopover) to SIN (Singapore Airlines first class) to MEL (Singapore Airlines first class). All for the price of an EDI-MEL ticket - as it should be.
Old May 28, 2008, 7:13 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Mr H
snip

On the second call I was told that Delhi was backtracking and that there was no recognized route through Delhi - despite the ANA website whowing FRA-DEL-SIN as an option when booking FRA-SIN. The third call told me that I could do MEL as a legitimate stopover en route from LHR-DEL because LHR is in bmi's Zone 1, MEL is in Zone 9 and DEL is in Zone 10. I did point out that DEL is about half way between LHR and MEL, but the assistant would have none of it.

snip
I am mildly amused and horrified that an Indian in an Indian call centre was prepared to argue that Flying to MEL via DEL is backtracking!

It is a further example of the problems with overseas call centres. The (usually) well educated person at the call centre has been told zone 1 to 9 via 10 backtracking, whereas a miligram of common sense tells you otherwise. They are taught to stick to a script or rigidly to a set of rules and the net result is (i) pi**ed off consumer and (ii) pi**ed off employee.

If only they empowered them (with safeguards granted) like their local couterparts, we would all be happier.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:35 am

Programs: BAExec, BMI Pointless Blue Plus, Thai ROP, Eva Evergreen, Starwood Preferred Guest
Wink

Christmas flights home...

14 December BKK-LHR (First) 40,000 + £270. (Annoyingly this one cannot connect to MAN/LBA as it arrives too late)

2 January MAN-LHR-BKK (Economy) 20,000 + £135

£227 taxes altogether.

I only had 60,000 miles to play with, now wiped out, so I am reasonably happy with that. A bought economy ticket on those dates comes to way over £850 with the cheaper airlines and way over a grand with Thai, even in economy.

I really wanted the whole lot in Business, but there was no awards availability, apparently, on any airlines on these dates, for my itinerary. Tried to fathom the starting off in Copenhagen thing, but it was just too hard for me. Just not a true dedicant!

Brewsterz.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Brewsterz
I really wanted the whole lot in Business, but there was no awards availability, apparently, on any airlines on these dates, for my itinerary. Tried to fathom the starting off in Copenhagen thing, but it was just too hard for me. Just not a true dedicant!

Brewsterz.
The starting off in CPH wouldn't even save you anything, in fact it would probably have came out at about the same, or even more than you already paid.

The only savings I can see would have been to fly MAN-LHR-BKK-HKG, but then you'd be still paying tax on the BKK-HKG route and the added hassle probably wouldn't make it worthwhile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.