Search

Is T1 any quieter for you?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2008, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA MP Premier, SPG Gold, BA Silver wanabee
Originally Posted by jbfield
Nah,
a lot of (most?) people never learn.

People will still be guided to BA because they're flights have better/more marketing, or are £3 cheaper than the alternatives...You get what you pay for but a lot of people don't want to accept this!

They'd probably sooner waste 5 hours in T5 than pay for a coffee on a punctual airline.

How much reminding do people need before they have any impetus to change their ways?
As I pointed out yesterday in another thread the reason people are still guided to BA (regardless of the T5 debacle) is because they fly to destinations from London that people want/need to go to! I wouldn't mind paying for a coffee on a single punctual airline other than BA if it flew me regularly to New York, Dubai, Miami, Nice, Bangalore and a miriad of other destinations, but unfortunately that airline isn't BMI.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 2:16 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
True, although I wasn't thinking of just bmi as an alternative and the passengers I'm thinking of are generally not frequent flyers.

(I know this is in the bmi forum but the thread is regarding T1).

Last edited by jbfield; Mar 28, 2008 at 2:27 pm
Old Mar 28, 2008, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by bazzatel
As I pointed out yesterday in another thread the reason people are still guided to BA (regardless of the T5 debacle) is because they fly to destinations from London that people want/need to go to! I wouldn't mind paying for a coffee on a single punctual airline other than BA if it flew me regularly to New York, Dubai, Miami, Nice, Bangalore and a miriad of other destinations, but unfortunately that airline isn't BMI.
Afraid that's quite true and, to respond specifically to the questioning of why folks fly from NCL, MAN etc to LHR then you only have to look at the practicalities and realities of the situation.

Flying from LHR, National Express from NCL to KGX £75.00 rtn cheapest First, then £28 cheapest HEX makes £103, plus LU plus time plus bag dragging.

OR: BA interlined bags straight through (OK, OK not with absolute certainty) and £88 all in, or even bmi from MME for the same money (plus a bag collect and Terminal transfer) and it's not difficult to work out why MAN, NCL etc are well-patronised.

Now, if we had intergrated transport policy and HS2, HS3 running into LHR then of course we should not be flying these sectors, but we don't, so thousands do.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Blue
I passed through T1 Domestic security just before 3pm yesterday. There were 2 scanners working and it took me about 2 minutes to get through On the BD10 which was chocca and the DC Lounge was busy too, as you would expect on a Friday afternoon.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:33 am

I wonder how long this will last ??? T5 has been a major blow to the image of BAA and BA. Sign of the times and the state of the UK in general. Run by morons these days. Oh well roll on 2012
Old Apr 2, 2008, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser

Originally Posted by bmi PR0--

2 April 2008

bmi helps to avoid flaming disaster

Following media reports today that the Olympic torch will not take part in a planned procession through Terminal 5 this weekend due to the ongoing problems at Heathrow’s new terminal, bmi chief executive Nigel Turner said:

“As the UK’s most punctual airline, we are more than happy to assist in every way possible, to ensure the Olympic torch reaches UK shores on time and to help it maintain its scheduled trip around the British Isles.

“bmi operates direct services from Russia to London Heathrow Terminal 1 – so if someone can deliver the torch to us in Moscow, we’d be more than happy to assist”.

“BA’s problems at Terminal 5 do not mean that the whole of Heathrow is in meltdown. We and other airlines continue to operate normally from the main Heathrow central area, and we are therefore very happy to assist with the Olympic torch’s arrival”

The Olympic torch is due to arrive at London Heathrow this weekend, and begin its tour around London.

bmi, London Heathrow’s second largest carrier, continues to operate all flights as scheduled from its main hub at Terminal 1 despite disruption at the newly-opened Terminal 5.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 6:12 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by ajamieson
bmi Olympic Torch
Cheese toastie on a stick.

T1 was unnervingly quiet last night, right from the M4 tunnel onwards. Four security channels open in international departures and thus a walk-straight-thru experience.
BA checkin islands already behind large hoardings.

Noticed that the taxiway at the end of the cul-de-sac to gates 16 and 18 has now been blocked off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.