Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Monarch A330 for bmi during hajj

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Monarch A330 for bmi during hajj

Both of Monarch's A330s are currently operating for bmi between London and Jeddah on BD8*** flight numbers.

I presume these are for Hajj work, but just watch out in case they end up on anything scheduled.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:28 am
Suspended

nightmare sardine class seating
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by spanishflea
Both of Monarch's A330s are currently operating for bmi between London and Jeddah on BD8*** flight numbers.

I presume these are for Hajj work, but just watch out in case they end up on anything scheduled.
Yes the crew made a special anouncement on my MAN-LHR flight this AM about pax travelling with bmi to Hajj. I also noticed on the website live departures they are operating some JED flights ex MAN during this period, presumably with ZB A330s too.

I highly doubt these will end up on scheduled routes though.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 5:50 am

Programs: BD *G, ICHG Plat,MR GOLD,HH Gold
Originally Posted by spanishflea

Both Monarch A330 and A300 aircraft have been chartered in to operate additional Hajj flights for bmi - There are no plans to use either of these charter aircraft on any bmi scheduled route.

The clue is in the flight number !

All bmi charter operations are in the flight number range BD7xxx for ad hoc flights and flights on non dedicated aircraft and BD8xxx for flights on a dedicated charter aircraft.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by AIRBUS215
There are no plans to use either of these charter aircraft on any bmi scheduled route.
That's a shame, because the A320 BMI plan to use for the TLV route is really not big enough to offer the same standard of service as LY and BA on the route.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 6:00 am

Programs: BD *G, ICHG Plat,MR GOLD,HH Gold
Originally Posted by clubman
That's a shame, because the A320 BMI plan to use for the TLV route is really not big enough to offer the same standard of service as LY and BA on the route.
The Monarch A330 has 358Y seats in a single class config.
and as such is really not suitable for bmi scheduled flight operations
Old Dec 11, 2007, 6:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by clubman
You do NOT want a Monarch chartered aircraft on regular scheduled services, for the reasons described.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.