Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

New Features, Bugs & Surprises on the red & black flybmi.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Features, Bugs & Surprises on the red & black flybmi.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2007, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't seem to find the calendar competition for gold members nor the DC magazine anywhere on the new site.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
A few things:

1. Slow, as noted several times already.

2. When I try to change UK/English to US, it bounces back to UK. Won't say in US. (In the old site, if I changed to US, access to my DC account went away. Instead, they had text about getting *A partner credit for bmi flights. Had to go back to UK to get at it. Maybe not switching at all is an improvement.)

3. There is a long list of countries for one's home address, including the US, but a much shorter list (which does not include the US) for business address.

4. When updating my profile, why can't I just go to the screen(s) with the information I want to update? Why must I slog through all of them?

5. After going through all those screens and confirming, I got "The bmi website is currently unavailable due to maintenance." Did it go down in the second or two between my clicking the button and its sending a reply? Possible, but so unlikely that I suspect a bug in the site. (When you hear hoofbeats near Hyde Park, you don't immediately think "oh, zebras.")
Old Sep 20, 2007, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Efrem
2. When I try to change UK/English to US, it bounces back to UK. Won't say in US. ...
Even if you give it a couple of seconds to update the flag in the little splashscreen before you press "continue"? Change of country seems to work for me...
Old Sep 20, 2007, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Something I would like to have seen on the new website, was the ability to book a multi-city itinerary on one PNR like you can on EI, even EZ can do that now. e.g. DUB-AMS,BRU-DUB or in this case on BD, BHD-LHR,LHR-DUB.

At least it saves you a CC charge.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 2:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Just noticed the following statement on the homepage:

"We are currently in the process of launching our new website so you may experience a delay with viewing some of the pages during this process. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we hope to have normal service resumed as quickly as possible."

At least they are admitting that there are problems and that this isn't to be the expected optimum performance of the site!
Old Sep 20, 2007, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
TITLE tag is fixed at least ^ It's still rather slow though to log in to my account...
Old Sep 20, 2007, 3:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
TITLE tag is fixed at least ^
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
First poster who gets their reported bug fixed wins the "Moderators' special prize".
We have a winner !
Old Sep 20, 2007, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Cheryl Baker! lol! Wasn't REM's the Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight about her (listen to the chorus!).

But seriously, I can't seem to find a way to change seating now on an existing booking. I can change everything else but not seating as far as I can tell
Old Sep 20, 2007, 4:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
Wasn't REM's the Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight about her (listen to the chorus!).
Very good
Old Sep 20, 2007, 5:10 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
It seems as though the "Manage My Booking" component is now accepting PNR's and spitting out bookings now! ^

HOWEVER.. you still can't view them from your MyBMI profile

One fix at a time it seems! (and its still sluggish....)
Old Sep 20, 2007, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Surely they have overlooked the best idea for this month's star prize...
At that price, I think not! Exactly what were you searching for when that came up??
Old Sep 20, 2007, 5:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Even worse, I think it was one of our reader offers
Old Sep 20, 2007, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
I take it no FT'er had the distinction of winning the Fondue Set a few months back
Old Sep 20, 2007, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Efrem

[...]
After going through all those screens and confirming [changes to profile], I got "The bmi website is currently unavailable due to maintenance." Did it go down in the second or two between my clicking the button and its sending a reply?
[...]
I updated my profile and got the dreaded "unavailable due to maintenance" result. To my surprise after 2 min I got an email from flybmi telling me of some of the changes I made.

One change I made was to select "other" for title. I was looking for Dr but there was only a choice of Mr, Mrs, Ms, Miss, or Other.

The email came addressed as follows (I'm not kidding):

Dear Other Groggy,
Thank you for updating your details etc...

Now can I state clearly I am not one of the "Others", I am not connected with the Dharma Initiative, I never flew Oceanic Airlines and I have never even been on the "island"!
Old Sep 20, 2007, 7:02 am

Mileage award chart pop-up window not wide enough to display whole page and won't allow re-sizing. So you have to scroll left and right to read it (or open a duplicate window).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.