Wiki Posts
Search

Need Advice BD C Class Long Haul

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2007, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Need Advice BD C Class Long Haul

I am planning to fly BD on LHR - JED route in C class. Unfortunatley, I cannot find any description of their C Class product. How comfortable are the seats? Ant advice / review would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 12:39 am
Suspended

This trip report, written a few years ago now, should help:

Manchester to Las Vegas in "the business"

Some elements of the service will have varied between now and then, but you can see seats if you click on the link to Skymonster's airliners.net review.

bmi will be moving to lie flat at an angle/wedgy seats sometime soon, not exactly sure when, though. Rumour has it the business seats will become the premium economy seats, but with reduced recline. Not sure if this is accurate, though.

If others reading this are considering flying from Las Vegas, then check out www.maxjet.com who offer and all business class service to London as another option; they have extended their current bargain £599 return seat sale.

Naturally, bmi's aircraft may vary and my description is of an A330 flight (they have three of these) but occasionally substitute other aircraft, whch are generally not as good.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Be warned that the JED route is done by a 767, not the A330 which is described in the above review.

From what I've heard this is an inferior service, though can't comment from personal experience.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by 1k650
I am planning to fly BD on LHR - JED route in C class. Unfortunatley, I cannot find any description of their C Class product. How comfortable are the seats? Ant advice / review would be much appreciated. Thanks.
When are you travelling? The 767 shouldn't be on the JED route for much longer (can anyone confirm when the lease ends?) If you are travelling June onwards then BD should have the all new C class seats on the A330 on that route which will have 80" pitch and one must assume will be fully horizontal flat beds.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 2:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by krug

If others reading this are considering flying from Las Vegas, then check out www.maxjet.com who offer and all business class service to London as another option; they have extended their current bargain £599 return seat sale.
Unfortunately not Krug. The fare sale now only covers JFK and IAD, with Las Vegas no longer part of the sale.

I flew Maxjet again last month and it was a great service again. I flew outbound on their newly acquired 767 and then back on one of the older ones. Both flights were good and with excellent on board service. My next Vegas trip is a bit cheaper though as I'm flying with US from MAN via PHL as it was half the price of the BD and United flights on the same dates. Knees to the chest time again!
Old Mar 7, 2007, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
When are you travelling? The 767 shouldn't be on the JED route for much longer (can anyone confirm when the lease ends?) If you are travelling June onwards then BD should have the all new C class seats on the A330 on that route which will have 80" pitch and one must assume will be fully horizontal flat beds.
Agreed, website currently suggests that the 767 is only around until 18 May.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:46 am
Original Poster

C Class LHR-JED

I am travelling in March.

Here is what the BMI website says:

aircraft change on long haul services

On our long haul services to Riyadh and Jeddah our normal A330 aircraft will be replaced by a leased aircraft (TUI Boeing 767 aircraft) whilst undergoing engineering checks. As a result our inflight product will vary from our normal service; below is a summary of the key changes:

Riyadh services from 22 April, Jeddah from 18 May

the business:

business guests will benefit from an additional 10 inches more room, offering an extensive seat pitch of 70 inches
the seat width will be slightly reduced at 18 inches with a recline of 140 degrees
please ensure to charge your laptop prior to boarding as pc power will not be available
each guest will receive a personal DVD player offering an extensive range of the latest DVD films and TV (see guide below)

I understand that the 767 replacement will start on 18 May.

Is this correct?

Any help will be much appreciated.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:48 am
Original Poster

767 replacement

The above may refer to May 2006 and not May 2007. So, I am stuck in a 767 (at least, according to Expedia).

Anyone done this route in 767? Is it absolutely terrible?
Old Mar 8, 2007, 5:21 am

Programs: M&M, FB, Exec Club, SPG
Originally Posted by 1k650
Anyone done this route in 767? Is it absolutely terrible?
I did it late last year. It's not absolutely terrible; just not fantastic. The C class cabin was notable chiefly for very generous seat pitch (as though they were leaving space to allow for near-flat-bed seats)... coupled with very unremarkable actual seats (2-2-2 configuration, perhaps 5-6 rows). Yes, the seats were better than (for example) Aer Lingus C seats, but that's not saying much . Service was reasonable - they did have the "onboard chef" - but the overall experience was nothing to write home about.

B*
Old Mar 8, 2007, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bluestar
I did it late last year. It's not absolutely terrible; just not fantastic. The C class cabin was notable chiefly for very generous seat pitch (as though they were leaving space to allow for near-flat-bed seats)... coupled with very unremarkable actual seats (2-2-2 configuration, perhaps 5-6 rows). Yes, the seats were better than (for example) Aer Lingus C seats, but that's not saying much . Service was reasonable - they did have the "onboard chef" - but the overall experience was nothing to write home about.

B*
Thank you.

Does the seat recline enough to sleep?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.