Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Cancelled flight - transfer to another airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2006, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold; OW Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Hyatt GoldPassport Platinum; Accor Silver

Hi - quick question. I am currently in BHD and scheduled to fly back to LHR tomorrow.

Given the dense fog at LHR and the fact that I cannot, for the life of me, get through to BD's reservations (according to the website, I need to call reservations on 0870 6070555 but all I get is "We're busy, please call back later" - understandable though....), does anyone have experience of being offered a free transfer onto another operator in case the flight is indeed cancelled? Given the Christmas holiday, I'd rather get home sooner than wait until BD can fly into LHR.

Living in Berks, flying on BE to SOU or BHX or even LGW would be an alternative but would BD transfer me for free or am I looking at buying a new ticket with BE? My booking code with BD is K.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 21, 2006, 5:14 am

Programs: bmi diamond club
I've been transferred to BA on a ABZ to MAN flight free of charge, but I was at the airprot when this happened.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 8:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
I heard the BBC's Northern Ireland correspondent Denis Murray talking on Radio Five Live earlier from Belfast City airport. He said Bmi was getting flights away from BHD with the minimum of delays and no cancellations so you may be in luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.