Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

US Airways systems do not recognise BMI *G status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2006, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AirNZ AP *GE, Aegean *G, BMI Gold, BA Exec club Gold, UA MP, QFF

I've had 4 flights this week with US Airways and at no point has the system recognised as *G (BMI). Agents have tried inputting the FF number manually - still no joy. The support line suggested I raise it with bmi (Johanna - are you reading this? ) I suggested that United didn't seem to have a problem recognising my status, which to my mind gave them a competitive advantage (actually, I'm not sure how true that is, but it came out of my mouth).

Interesting, the newly merged America West - now part of US Airways - had no problem picking up my status on their sytem.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by treadsoftly
I've had 4 flights this week with US Airways and at no point has the system recognised as *G (BMI). Agents have tried inputting the FF number manually - still no joy. The support line suggested I raise it with bmi (Johanna - are you reading this? ) I suggested that United didn't seem to have a problem recognising my status, which to my mind gave them a competitive advantage (actually, I'm not sure how true that is, but it came out of my mouth).

Interesting, the newly merged America West - now part of US Airways - had no problem picking up my status on their sytem.
I have occasionally had issues on UA and US with this. On all occasions the mystery was solved once they realised that the airline code for BMI (and hence for your card) is "BD" and not "BM". Also, there is often more than one place in the booking where they can insert your card details. Only one of these fields is usually "live", actually triggering status recognition.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by House
I have occasionally had issues on UA and US with this. On all occasions the mystery was solved once they realised that the airline code for BMI (and hence for your card) is "BD" and not "BM". Also, there is often more than one place in the booking where they can insert your card details. Only one of these fields is usually "live", actually triggering status recognition.
They've definitely been using BD, as I've prompted that. Have now taken 5 flights, sitting in the US Airways Club in Charlotte, N. Carolina, and another support call still hasn't sussed the problem. Maye I'll try the 'Is there another place in the booking you can enter my number. I'll go and try.

UA didn't blink, and I kept my E+ seating - reserved before the recent changes.

On the plus side, I turned up at gate with 5 mins to go on an earlier flight I wasn't booked on, and they let me travel on that for no extra charge. Don't think *G had anything to do with it though, as it wasn't marked on my boarding card.

Last edited by treadsoftly; Oct 11, 2006 at 11:40 am
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:41 am
Suspended

I have flown US a few times this year and never had an issue with them recognising my bmi *G status.

Check-in airports included LAX, EUG, EWR, YYZ, PHX... (you get the idea )
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:42 am
Original Poster

nope - just tried again - no joy. Club agent is going to make another call to their people, who will hopefully talk to our people yadda yadda

Maybe its something to do with updating systems after the America West merger? Funny how America West recognise me as *G and US Airways don't.

This has now NOT worked in LAX, JAX, PHL, and CRT.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:08 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

My experience with US Airways with regards to FFP numbers have been hell.. there is no where in their system where you can change your FFP number to another one or to add one. I have tried it before my flight at the check-in counters, at the gate in the lounge, calling the US customer service, everything.. nothing can be done.

In the end I just sent my boarding passes and e-ticket for the miles.

Old Oct 11, 2006, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Just tried the other club in Charlotte - apparently, US Airways in migrating their systems to America West's. US Airways say they are using SABRE , and the name they have for me on their system does not exactly match my BMI records, hence lack of recognition of *G. Should all be sorted when systems are merged in a month.

I'm not feeling very convinced.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by treadsoftly
Just tried the other club in Charlotte - apparently, US Airways in migrating their systems to America West's. US Airways say they are using SABRE , and the name they have for me on their system does not exactly match my BMI records, hence lack of recognition of *G. Should all be sorted when systems are merged in a month.

I'm not feeling very convinced.
Not wholly unrelated but when AF & KLM merged I had terrible problems with Delta recognising my Platinum Elite Status as my bookings for all Transatlantic flights and US Domestic Flights were made under my full first name and family name. That is "Mr Daniel Dare" where as my KLM Flying Dutchman Card was issued to "Mr D Dare". Hence no match. Misery claiming points as I lost some as the number given changed once AF took over and it became Flying Poo. Sorted know as full name on all cards etc.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
SABRE CRS' currently do not recognise that QR is a partner on BD's FFP. So one cannot enter BD's number on TAs using Sabre for QR flights!
Old Oct 12, 2006, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dan Dare
Not wholly unrelated but when AF & KLM merged I had terrible problems with Delta recognising my Platinum Elite Status as my bookings for all Transatlantic flights and US Domestic Flights were made under my full first name and family name. That is "Mr Daniel Dare" where as my KLM Flying Dutchman Card was issued to "Mr D Dare". Hence no match. Misery claiming points as I lost some as the number given changed once AF took over and it became Flying Poo. Sorted know as full name on all cards etc.
That is EXACTLY the problem I'm having. I think the only solution will be to get my Gold Card / DC card re-provisioned with full name.

Cheers.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 11:36 pm

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
I flew LGW-MCO via PHL last Xmas with Mrs Schmidt. Booked the tix via Expedia and then called the UK res line to have our cards added. The res agent put the numbers in and then confirmed back to me that I was BD*G and that Mrs Schmidt was UA*S (even though I hadn't mentioned colour). Got to LGW a couple of days before Xmas for a very full flight to find that they'd done an OpUp for us before we got to check-in which I can only assume was based on status so it seemed to be working then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.