Wiki Posts
Search

Star Gold Benefits on BMI

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Star Gold Benefits on BMI

I'll be buying some LHR-CDG fares soon. I note that the tiny and discount econ fares offer only self serve check in and no lounge access. As a star gold, can I use a counter and/or the lunge if I need too? Thanks in advance.......
Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:59 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
I'll be buying some LHR-CDG fares soon. I note that the tiny and discount econ fares offer only self serve check in and no lounge access. As a star gold, can I use a counter and/or the lunge if I need too? Thanks in advance.......
You are able to use the counter as a *G. However, you may run into an agent who says otherwise. (see my story in the hand baggage thread). Lounge access is available to all *G.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
In theory even on tiny fares you should get all the usual benefits. In reality this seems to be hit and miss.

To be on the safe side and avoid any arguments I would buy the standard fares (which are usually only around $10 more than the baby fares per flight). These definitely let you use the Business check-in desks, carry the extra baggage allowance and use the lounges.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
What exactly are the TINY and BABY fares?

Fare code T, W or V?
Old Jul 8, 2006, 5:31 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
What exactly are the TINY and BABY fares?

Fare code T, W or V?
Unfortunately it isn't that easy..... A baby fare is a fare with 'BABY' in it, e.g. WBABY, as opposed to WOWBMI (or something similar) which is the standard fare. I've lost the plot if TINY and BABY are the same in BMI mainline But (theoretically) any fare class has multiple variants, a baby and a standard one. Except full-fare (or 'premium') that is
Old Jul 8, 2006, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by frankvb
Unfortunately it isn't that easy..... A baby fare is a fare with 'BABY' in it, e.g. WBABY, as opposed to WOWBMI (or something similar) which is the standard fare. I've lost the plot if TINY and BABY are the same in BMI mainline But (theoretically) any fare class has multiple variants, a baby and a standard one. Except full-fare (or 'premium') that is
The fares are properly called 'bmibaby tiny fares', hence the confusion between the BABY/TINY monikers. They can be identified by the *BABY fare codes. The highest *BABY fare is HBABY. After that it's MOWBMI.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 5:45 pm

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
Am flying LHR-AMS on an "economy" fare type next weekend. Also hope I can use the check-in desk and lounge.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 8:03 pm

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Yes, you get all the normal *G extras on any fare with bmi, including 'tiny' fares.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll be buying some LHR-CDG fares soon.
BD no longer flies between LHR and CDG.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
I recommend the Eurostar.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 4:22 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by NickB
it was a 2006's post
Old Jul 8, 2007, 5:50 am

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by G_G
it was a 2006's post
Sorry, my fault -- I bumped an old post which a found with a search. Hadn't realised it was from July 2006.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by G_G
it was a 2006's post
oops.Just saw the July 7 date, which sounded damn contemporaneous

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.