Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Renewal & Status Miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, PC Plat/RA
Gold Renewal & Status Miles

I will have well over the 38,000 status miles needed to keep my Gold card in May when my account year ends - will I lose all the status miles or will only 38,000 be deducted?

I would ask BMI Diamond Club but this function seems to no longer exist on their website.

Thanks for any guidance.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
Welcome to FT RFDK you will loose all your status miles - however if you have more than 55k these will be converted to destination miles.

So for example you have 75000 status miles at the end of your membership year this will be reset to zero but you will get a bonus of 20000 destination miles.

Last edited by Dan Dare; Apr 5, 2006 at 4:46 am Reason: Correct silly typos
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Originally Posted by RFDK
I will have well over the 38,000 status miles needed to keep my Gold card in May when my account year ends - will I lose all the status miles or will only 38,000 be deducted?

I would ask BMI Diamond Club but this function seems to no longer exist on their website.

Thanks for any guidance.
Welcome to FT RFDK!
You won't lose them in the sense that your total number of earned miles will remain the same and be available for redeeming awards. But your counter will be set at 0 for the coming year. You will have to earn another 38,000 miles membership (status) miles to keep your Gold status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.