Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2006/07)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2006/07)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2006, 3:10 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Hi everyone. I've been a BMI frequent Flyer for a couple of years, but have only just found out about this forum. Some great advice, so thank to all.

I made a successful redemption for 3 PAX GLA - LHR - PMI for June/July 06. Booked in Oct 05. Upgraded to business class for the GLA - LHR legs because of gold status.

Received notice a couple of weeks ago that the time of the LHR - PMI flight has changed, making it impossible to connect from GLA that morning. DC staff happily moved the outbound GLA - LHR leg to the preceeding evening and are putting us up in a Heathrow hotel for the night.

Can't say fairer than that, I think.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:08 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
A warm welcome to the bmi diamond club forum mickeypops.

Just noticed FlyerTalk has dropped the "british midland" from the forum title. I wonder why?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:28 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by UK flyer
Just noticed FlyerTalk has dropped the "british midland" from the forum title. I wonder why?
I suspect it has everything to do with the fact that the airline in now officially known as bmi and no longer British Midland. As a consequence of this bmi is listed above BA on FT. This was noted and discussed here: BD definitively overtakes BA...
Old Apr 8, 2006, 4:42 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
SQ First... it really exists!

OK, how happy am I?!

LHR-CDG-SIN-KUL (BD Y - SQ F - SQ F)
KUL-BKK-LHR (TG new C - TG new F)

Cash & Miles booked 2 months before departure

Spent a while checking out options on the ANA tool, but I was very inflexible with dates, so I'm glad I got my first choice flight times (...even if I'm only spending 90 minutes in the SIN F lounge, and having to connect via the pit that is CDG1)
Old Apr 10, 2006, 5:56 am

Booked today (first day of SAA in Star alliance). We were wanting to go to SA over New Year and there was no availaibility before this on LH or LX.

Was able to book without any trouble

O/W EDI-FRA-CPT LH/SA 2 seats in Business
O/W CPT-JNB (stopover)-LHR-EDI SA/BD 2 seats in first (well JNB-LHR anyway)

Was very impressed with the Indian call centre person I spoke to.

Last edited by sjharte; Apr 10, 2006 at 6:24 am
Old Apr 10, 2006, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Blue
Just booked 2 J class LHR CPT for Feb 07. There was lots of premium availability into both CPT and JNB.

Also very impressed by "Susan" at the Indian call centre
Old Apr 11, 2006, 5:48 am

Programs: bmi,BA,KLM
Route: man-fra-gis-gig return
Class: C
Airline: LH
Type: Miles
Booking Time: 4 months before departure

Last edited by alfaromeo; Apr 11, 2006 at 5:54 am
Old Apr 11, 2006, 9:05 am

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
o/w lax-nrt (sq) nrt-hkg (ua) in august
f cash+miles
Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:07 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
LHR-ORD/SFO-IAD-LHR on UA, Y out in July, C back in August for two.

Excellent service from the Indian call centre, I must say.

These do appear to be the last award seats to/from the US on those dates other than LIS-EWR (which have plenty C availability this Summer thanks to the new A330s!)
Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
LHR-FRA-CCS -- LH C o/w. Miles & Cash December

Used ANA tool to get exactly what I wanted, very easy with Indian call centre, held the res for 48 hours too.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 5:10 am

Programs: PPS BD*G HH Gold SPG Plat
My successful redemptions!

This is my first post... don't know why delayed joining as such a useful tool... was concerned about DC moving to India as my contact (Sharon) in Sheffield used to get excited with my redemption 'challenges'!!

May 05
Cash Miles Z1-Z9 ALL in F
FRA-JFK(SQ)JFK-LAX(UA PREMIUM SERVICE)LAX-SIN(SQ VIA NRT)SIN-HKG(SQ)HKG-SIN-AKL(SQ)AKL-SYD(TG... FLIGHT WAS CANX DUE TECH IN SYD SO TG KINDLY PUT ME ON EK IN F AFTER GIVING ME CHOICE NZ BIZ OR EK F!!!)

So that was a One Way Z1-Z9 with stopover in HKG.

My return Z9-Z1
Cash Miles All in F
SYD-SIN-HKG-SIN-LHR(ALL SQ)
HKG was stopover.

Initially did it as a return with no HKG stopover on return as only one stopover permitted but Sharon called me back and said DC classed this as a RTW. The fares desk suggested I split them as 2 One Ways then could stopover in both directions!!!... It was DC who suggested this.

Did same booking in July and September. Because of SQ releasling F seats so late I had to do bookings 3-5 days prior. My Sept booking was all E-Ticket which meant I made changes in date for the return whilst on the outward trip... Having good rapport with DC and Sharon (She's left now!!) meant no charges to change either.

ANA booking tool is a godsend now and one of the most valuable thing I've learnt from this site. Saves me calling DC every day. Hoping to do similar journey in June.... but India may query going via US to get to Australia... if they really insist against it I will start in JFK.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
johnnynoel73, how many miles was that???
Old Apr 14, 2006, 6:37 am

Programs: PPS BD*G HH Gold SPG Plat
50,000 each way in F plus £340 cash. (Z1-Z9 one way F)

Total in the end was about £880 as £200 in tax etc!
Old Apr 14, 2006, 8:07 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Smile my first redemption too...

just redeemed my first award flight(s) too:

MXP-FRA-BKK-KTM , roundtrip for 2 pax in F on LH/TG in August with cash&miles

Searched for availability with the ANA tool (thanks to those who developed this!!!) and then phoned BMI. Got through to the Indian callcenter and the lady who answered was very friendly (yeah, I have to admit it ). Told her the routing / dates and she said that she will phone me back as it will take her some time. Fair enough, got a call back within 20 minutes. However, she booked everything in C-class as she insisted that there was no availability for F-class, even I could see it with the ANA tool and also double checked with LH (as a LH SEN). But she suggested to put the reservation on hold so that I have time to think about it...

When I phoned a second time in the evening I got through to an excellent agent (her name was Anju; she did really know her job!!! BMI listen!!! ). She immediately found the F seats and due to a problem it took her 30 minutes to complete the reservation. Gave her all the payment details, changed one flight and today in the morning she phoned me again to tell me that everything has been done; ^ got a confirmation email shortly afterwards...

BTW: the taxes are whopping 150 Pounds...
Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:08 am

Programs: AA PLT, AF/KL SIL, LX SIL
Hi all,

Just booked the following through the Indian call center, they were very friendly and overwhelmingly polite. I did have to call twice though as the first agent insisted there was no availability in a specific flight even though I could see it in ANA award booking tool ( it is GREAT!!!).

HEL/FRA (LH C) FRA/BKK/PEK (TG F), with a stopover in BKK, miles+cash
SHA/BKK/FRA (TG C/F), with stopover in BKK, FRA/BCN (LH C), miles+cash

I'd like to thank BD agents in India for they utter friendliness, and ANA for their fabulous Star Alliance award booking tool.

Regards,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.