Wiki Posts
Search

Use of SAS lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2005, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB PE, BA Au
Use of SAS lounges

As a newbie to BD & *A (I have just status matched from KL and jumped ship), I’m not sure how joined up the Alliance is compared to, say, Skyteam and need some advice, please.

1) Could someone please tell me if I can use the SAS lounge at CPH with a DC gold card when flying with SK?
2) Can I use the Servisair lounge at ABZ on an SK flight?
3) Also will the DC card let me use the speedy SK security route at CPH?

Many thanks
Halfdan

Last edited by halfdan; May 27, 2005 at 3:35 am
Old May 27, 2005, 4:08 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
If you have a DC gold card you also automatically have Star Alliance gold status which gives you access to all Star Alliance lounges (with a few exceptions like first class lounges) with a same-day Star Alliance ticket.
That means you can use the lounge in Copenhagen as long as you fly on one of the Star Alliance carriers that day.
Just keep in mind there are two lounges in Copenhagen, the business lounge and the Scandinavian lounge. The Scandinavian lounge (entrance to the right of the business lounge) is only open for gold card holders and is without any doubt where you should go (although you do have access to both).
Regarded as one of the best in the world, food and drinks is pretty good!

If you can use the lounge in ABZ depends on if SAS has an agreement with the lounge to let gold and C-class passengers enter.
As I have not flown out of ABZ I don't know, ask at check-in!

The fast track in Copenhagen is open to Star Alliance gold card holders so you can use it.

Last edited by jacob_m; May 27, 2005 at 6:36 am
Old May 27, 2005, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB PE, BA Au
many thanks, jacob_m

I'll give it a go tomorrow, sounds excellent.
Old May 28, 2005, 2:23 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by halfdan
As a newbie to BD & *A (I have just status matched from KL and jumped ship), I’m not sure how joined up the Alliance is compared to, say, Skyteam and need some advice, please.
In my opinion I'd say that *A (atleast the European carriers) are very well joined up. Travelling a lot on SK, BD, and LH and I've never had any problems being *G on a different airline and get the full set of perks.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 2:15 pm

Programs: GGL
Well, yesterday at Copenhagen for the first time I was refused to use the fast track, 'only for SAS gold members, not for star alliance gold members'.

Very bizarre decision by SAS and not great to see differences between star alliance partners. As I fly multiple times the gold requirements I maybe should get gold status on SAS as well, or would that be what they want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.