Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First A321 leaves

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2005, 5:16 am
Original Poster

First A321 leaves

I remember the topic of A321s leaving bmi when their lease expired being mentioned on here a number of times.

Looks like G-MIDA is the first to leave and is now in the colours of Turkish Airlines (though still with her British registration for now).

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/807409/M/

I wonder how many more will be replaced by the A319s. Might it result in more, smaller planes with increased frequency or just fewer seats and fewer bargains?

Nick
Old Apr 1, 2005, 5:40 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Two BMI A321's are now with Turkish Airlines I believe.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
At least one of the A321's appears to have had the interior overhauled and has been painted in full bmi livery only recently. I would be surprised if they are all released.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1K
Two A321s to go for initially - G-MIDA and G-MIDF. Replaced by A319s G-DBCD already delivered and G-DBCE on the way.

No A321s with the new curvy blue and white paint job yet - the only A321 to have had a new paint job is the Star Alliance a/c which was repainted from the "washing-line" colours into the new billboard title colours.

Andy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.