Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Webfares LHR-Europe, and beyond.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2003, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Webfares LHR-Europe, and beyond.

Just discovered some fares from LHR-CDG which I need to do next month for 12-15GBP each way. It appears they are fully refundable, can this be true? Also, I assume you do earn FF pts on them similar to all other fares but I have learnt to check on this as some airlines (eg SQ) do not. Any advice svp?
Old Dec 22, 2003, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">It appears they are fully refundable, can this be true?</font>
I doubt it. Those fares sounds like N,T,V,W or Q - to which the follwing rules apply:

Tickets are non-refundable.
Changes are permitted before departure at a
charge of £35/Euro40
Note 1 - Change fee is applied per change/per sector/per person. If original class is not available an upgrade may be possible, on payment of the difference between the original class and the new class plus the change fee.
Note 2 - Name changes are not permitted
at any time.
Changes are not permitted after departure.

Could it be that, on the BD website, you are clicking on the fare to get the "mini fare rules"? If so, you need to scroll down a bit further to get the rules which apply to "cheapest" tickets. The fare rules at the top of the pop-up window are for "business flexible".

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Also, I assume you do earn FF pts on them similar to all other fares but I have learnt to check on this as some airlines (eg SQ) do not?</font>
Well that depends on your FFP; it is not a matter for BD. I assume you are with Aeroplan, about which I know nothing. Perhaps YOW_kid or others here can answer that.

Edited to add: Have you considered putting some spaces between the information in the 'interests' section of your profile? It would give more room to the thread

[This message has been edited by ajamieson (edited Dec 22, 2003).]
Old Dec 22, 2003, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 100,000miler:
Also, I assume you do earn FF pts on them similar to all other fares but I have learnt to check on this as some airlines (eg SQ) do not.</font>
AC Aeroplan gives min 500 miles on all fares + 25% COS for C. Make sure you keep your BP. AC does screw up sometimes and doesn't credit quickly enough.

[This message has been edited by YOWkid (edited Dec 22, 2003).]
Old Dec 22, 2003, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Yes, I was reading the mini fares thinking they were these web fares. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks YOW-kid, I will hold onto those boarding passes! I agree AC does sometimes miss out on them. Hey, we had a FT lunch today in YOW. I assume you are based there. Hope you can join us next time!
Old Dec 22, 2003, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Opps, just noticed you are based in Belgium! Your handle made me think Ottawa!
Old Dec 23, 2003, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

100kmiler: Sorry I missed lunch yesterday -- I'm actually in town until Christmas Day as I just flew back from Belgium where I'm currently studying.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Regarding these web fares, what is the advance purchase requirement? Any one know off hand or is it till they are gone as I assume there are a limited number per flight.

YOW-Kid: next time hope you can make it when we have a FT gathering!
Old Dec 23, 2003, 5:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Limited number per flight. For example, there are still some £11 LHR/EDI fares available on one of tomorrow's rotations...but everything else is pretty rammed. Sometimes yield management release a couple more seats in lower fare classes in order to stimulate demand, but once a flight gets more than half full they'll let the price rocket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.