Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR transfer times T1-T3

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2003, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
LHR transfer times T1-T3

I am looking at a close booking, arriving on BMI at T1, must transfer to AC at T3, with checked luggage.

I do not believe I can go through transit, or can I, so as to save time with customs, tunnels, etc?

What is the min transit time for luggage? Do the orange Priorty tags make any difference?
Old Dec 22, 2003, 3:58 pm

Hi 100,000 miler,

Not an expert on LHR transfers but it's been raised a few times before.

The post below has some good info and links to another post which you should find helpful.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum16/HTML/000570.html
Old Dec 22, 2003, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

100k miler, I did T1 - T3 transfer on Saturday and it took me 50 mins from the moment I got off the plane in T1 to getting to the London Lounge in T3. You go via Flight Connections Centre -- which I think is faster than the tunnels.

I think the Priority tags make a slight difference, but who really knows. I would definitely give yourself 1:30 if you're travelling right now, or 1:15 during off-peak season.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
As YOWkid said...

It is also worth bearing in mind that if you are inbound to LHR from CDG, the BD flights very often run late. If you are on separate tickets make sure you won't have 'issues' with AC in the event that your CDG-LHR gets held up by BD.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Ajamieson: That is certainly been my experience. I often take the BD flight at 15:40 out of CDG, and often late, plus the delays at T1 can be considerable. Since I am buying split tickets, I will not take the chance and allow for 2 hrs just to be safe. Thanks everyone for your help.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 7:35 am

Programs: AF Plat, SPG Titanium
I searched for this infomation, but all that came up was this three year old thread. I'm wondering if the infomation has changed.

I'm connecting from MAN to YHZ on Air Canada. If my bmi flight lands at
10 a.m. at T1 and my AC flight leaves from T3 at 11:30. Is this enough time to make the connection?
Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:00 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by wsommerv
I searched for this infomation, but all that came up was this three year old thread. I'm wondering if the infomation has changed.

I'm connecting from MAN to YHZ on Air Canada. If my bmi flight lands at
10 a.m. at T1 and my AC flight leaves from T3 at 11:30. Is this enough time to make the connection?
If BMI are not going to check your luggage through (if on seperate tickets), which would mean that you have to collect it and check it in again at LHR, I don't think much to your chances! Even with checked through luggage you could struggle.

Last edited by redshift27; Nov 7, 2006 at 10:22 am
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:56 am

Programs: AF Plat, SPG Titanium
Originally Posted by redshift27
If BMI are not going to check your luggage through (if on seperate tickets), which would mean that you have to collect it and check it in again at LHR, I don't think much to your chances! Even with checked through luggage you could struggle.
Thanks for the response.

It's all one ticket, so the bags should get checked through. I guess I'll just have to leg it then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.