Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Card Renewal

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2003, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Gold Card Renewal

Happy Friday All!
I have a few questions/comments/queries regarding the renewal of my Gold card for a further year. I have been a Gold for some years now and always had my card renewed and subsequently my membership balance "zeroed" on October 29th. However, this year the balance has not been reset and I have not had a new card. I was somewhat concerned as since Oct 29th I have racked up around 10,000 additional miles! I spoke to dc today and the agent with whom I spoke told me (after some discussion with a Supervisor) that a new card had already been dispatched to me (not received.)I then asked about membership miles which had been earned after Oct 29th - her response was that she was unsure why the balance had not been reset. She then went to great lengths to assure me that it would be in the near future and that any membership miles earned after Oct 29th would count toward next year?
This all sounds rather strange to me? Have any of you had similar experiences at all?
Thanks in Advance and Happy Flying
dcgS
Old Nov 21, 2003, 8:36 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
A month and a half sounds a bit worrying all right. Mrs. GC turned Silver last month (much pride on my part as she's a bit of a mileage heathen)and there was a considerable period before they zeroed her Membership Miles. They then got it wrong to the tune of about 4k. It took a few calls to get the balance redressed. Happily, when they re-imbursed her, she got her monthly bonus a second time!

As to new cards - in my experience it takes about three weeks. Given your existing card's extended date (they all go a month beyond your annual renewal date, don't they?)is about to pass, I'd get back on to them and ask to speak to the supervisor directly, explain that your about to be excluded from lounge access and blah blah balh...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.