Points redemption

Old Dec 11, 02, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Points redemption

I have several thousand points in my account and never had cause to use them until yesterday.

I tried to book a flight for my daughter to join me on a flight. There wasn't one seat available in any class on the route I wanted for a mid week flight.

Has anyone experience of redeeming points?
Old Dec 12, 02, 2:28 pm

Most of the time I've not had a problem (MAN-LHR, EMA-AMS and MAN-IAD), but sometimes they unexpectedly refuse. For example, in September I tried to book MAN-LHR for a Saturday morning next February, and was refused, which seems pretty odd. So I just bought cheapo tickets online instead.

When I asked about flights to Rome, they said no chance.

I'm about to try for two business-class LHR-YVR with AC for next September. What d'you think the chances are?

ps. The postman has been. Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 02, 6:36 am

Programs: Lots of shiny colors
Redeming points is a sin.

Old Dec 17, 02, 6:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by celbrian:
Redeming points is a sin.</font>
You're so right. I redeemed 400 when they started those additional upgrade vouchers. It was my only bmi redemption ever, and it made me feel dirty.
Old Dec 17, 02, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Gold, Marriott Lifetime Premier Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">posted by Wingnut:
It made me feel dirty.</font>
Could you describe this

Old Dec 18, 02, 2:44 am

Programs: Lots of shiny colors
Your tabloid side is showing again, dear...
Old Dec 18, 02, 1:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ajamieson:
Could you describe this</font>
Well I had this huge pile of miles - sorry, idiot points - which I had never touched. They were almost virginal in their innocence. And I was going to save them up for something really nice and equally virginal (like 2 Virgin Upper Class returns to St Lucia or something). And then they offered me those upgrades, like a friend's older brother offering me a grope behind the bike sheds. And I was tempted. And now I'm sullied. My point mountain has been depleted. And it's not growing as fast as before since I was seduced by United. And I know it's only a matter of time before they tempt me with something else. *sigh*

Search this Thread
Search Engine: