Search

BD Checkin at Terminal 1 LHR

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2002, 10:16 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
BD Checkin at Terminal 1 LHR

Just wondering how long the Star Gold lines (presuming there are some) for domestic check in at LHR Terminal 1 are at first thing in AM (8 AM).

I have a one and a half hour connection from Terminal 3 to 1 and was just wondering if I should exit Terminal 3 and walk to Terminal 1 or use Flight Connections center and stay airside. I will be first off the plane and have European passport -- in the past I have found this to be quite fast (ie getting out of Terminal 3--maximum 10 minutes).

I only have a light carryon and have hoofed it to Terminal 2 before in 10 minutes but never to Terminal 1. I have heard both good and bad things about Flight Connections Center so wondering how bad check in is landside in Terminal 1 at 8 AM on a weekday?
Old May 21, 2002, 11:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
BB even first thing in the morning I have found the BD check-in lines very fast-moving, often with no line at all. There is sometimes a line at the economy desks, but there are always enough staff on the separate Business, Silver/Gold, and Hand Baggage check-in desks to keep things moving.

BD's useful policy of lounge and gate check-in helps to keep the lines down, too.

I've never done T3-T1 at that time of the day, though, but I've never found the connections centre even remotely difficult in terms of time.

Alastair
Old May 21, 2002, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi I was doing the T3 VS-T1 BD at the start of January and found the queues at the BD transfer desk quite slow (15-20 minutes only 2 people assisting at the desk.) I should have continued straight through Passsport Control ( with a EU passport you should be in the same position and check in at the Gate 4 luonge ( my bags had been checked thorugh from Boston)

Reagrds
TBS
Old May 21, 2002, 1:02 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks for the very useful information.
Old May 22, 2002, 6:00 pm

I often connect from A.C. to the MAN flight.
Take the bus between 3 & 1. I always find BD counters overstaffed and very fast even @ 8a.m.
You will have lots of time..enjoy the lounge.

Biggles.
Old May 22, 2002, 7:48 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks Biggles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.