Wiki Posts
Search

Good Y class seat on 737?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2001, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Good Y class seat on 737?

I have a short hop to Brussels coming up in Y class. I have never flown on BMI. And I would appreciate some heads-up advice.

1) Is there a good Y class seat that reclines on the 737 to Brussels (I am 6ft 3in)

2) Info on Star Alliance lounge in LHR and Brussels

I'll post a travel report next week.

Dave
Old Apr 15, 2001, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
I fly this route several times a month, and I must say that the BMI service is pretty good. Regarding seating, this will depend greatly on the exact aircraft configuration - they will increase / decrease the number of C-class rows depending on demand. The only row that is really better than other ones is the one at the overwing exit row, but this is often in C. This will at least give you some more legroom. The recline on all the seats isn't anything amazing, however.

BD have a Diamond Club (and * Gold) lounge at LHR, right next to their main gates. This is the same as most other BD lounges, with plenty of spaces. Not much food at all, although this depends on the time of day. In Brussels, there is a shared BD / SK lounge reception, leading to 2 separate lounges. You can use either if you're * Gold. Both are fairly basic, but I usually use the SK one as it's more comfortable.

One other thing - if you're in the BD lounge at LHR, you might want to ask what the changes of getting upgraded are. I've seen these staff doing this for several * Gold cardholders in the past, if there's space on the flight. It's worth a try!

That's about all I can think of, hope the trip goes well for you!

[This message has been edited by star_world (edited 04-15-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.