Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

BM Economy Flexible not admitted at EDI Lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY Silver, BA Silver, EK paper, BOAC Junior Jet Club

Not seen anything here about the new BM Regional service. Just a note about lounge access problems in case anyone has similar experiences.

I flew EDI-MAN on BM on this week on an Economy Flexible ticket (full fare Y) and asked to enter the Edinburgh Servisair lounge - the BM website and inflight magazine both say Economy Flexible gives lounge access. The Servisair lounge attendants disputed that an Economy Flexible fare was eligible and had never heard of this arrangement. (I was kindly let in “just this once” by the desk attendant.)

I've emailed BM.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)

Do post when you get a response from BMIr

My feeling is that they get so few with that sort of ticket that its probably a training issue with the 3rd party lounge

cs
Old Feb 22, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Just like old times, eh?

.... and now very similar to the content of many threads on BAEC too.

Did you have champagne in the lounge, or a choice of brands?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY Silver, BA Silver, EK paper, BOAC Junior Jet Club
Received a reply the following day. So hopefully the lounge staff will recognise Econ Flex tickets in future. They probably don't see many full fare Y as my ticket was only £5 less than full fare C. (Company rules and company travel booking tool prohibit Business bookings )

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your flight with bmi regional.

Please accept our apologies for the situation that arose at Edinburgh when you accessed the lounge. This has been raised with our station manager who will address this internally in order to prevent a repeat.

On behalf of bmi regional may I thank you for taking the time to contact us and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely

bmi regional

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.