Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

How Late Can I Cancel a BD Award Ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time

My father is due to travel using a BD award ticket on Thai this week using my miles, but is feeling unwell so may have to cancel. He may have to make a decision on the day of travel (he has an evening flight) if that is possible.

How late can he leave it and cancel, so I still receive all miles, taxes and surcharges back?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 9:30 am
Original Poster

After a painful call to BA, and being passed around a couple of CSA with long periods of holding (35 mins), apparently it's 24 hours.

Maybe useful to someone in the future
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
If it's this week, then you can still call bmi DC to cancel the tickets; in which case surely it's up to any time before departure.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:38 pm

Did you get all your taxes back ?

What is with the miles ? Did they convert it into avios ?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbfield
in which case surely it's up to any time before departure.
As I mentioned earlier, BA told me to cancel 24 hours for a refund with a BD award ticket.

In the end my father was well enough to travel, and is now sitting on a beach in southern Thailand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.