Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Double destination miles for bmi credit card holders buying BA flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC

As per: https://www.diamondclub.org/iloyal-M...execution=e3s1

Seems they are offering double destination miles on purchases made over a BA. Definitely worth it for those of us who use the bmi credit card. Wish I knew this earlier if this is an offer from a while back.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I think this is a new offer.

There was a time when the bmi website said that the MBNA credit cards would earn double miles when booking bmi flights when they were moved to ba.com (flights BA8xxx and BD codes), but I tried one of my bmi bookings on ba.com with my MBNA card and never got the bonus.

Now it sounds like the offer is double miles on anything bought on ba.com (presumably car hire and hotels too based on the wording). This will be easier for MBNA to implement.

It'll be great for those of us with the bmi Plus card as we'll get 4 miles per pound on BA spend (better than the 3 miles/£ on BA spend with my BAPP card).

It'll also be good for those with the regular bmi cards who didn't want to pay for the BAPP card.

I can easily spend the £10k required for the BA 2 for 1 in two months, once I'd qualified for my 2 for 1 I used the bmi cards for everything except BA flights, now even for BA spend it'll be the card that I use!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
As this question has already been posed in the "odd things happening on dc.org" thread, I'll temporarily lock this thread until we get an answer on what this is all about. Having put many £££s ba.com's way a short while ago I have a vested interest in the outcome too....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.