Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Any last minute benefits or actions to take advantage of?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any last minute benefits or actions to take advantage of?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2012, 8:01 am

Programs: BMI Diamon Club
If you get a BMI credit card, and DC is winding up at the end October, will you still get the intro bonus miles?

Still considering If I should pay for the fancier card, to get me enough Status Miles to bump me in to Silver
Old Oct 13, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by galego
If you get a BMI credit card, and DC is winding up at the end October, will you still get the intro bonus miles?

Still considering If I should pay for the fancier card, to get me enough Status Miles to bump me in to Silver
Destination miles shouldn't be an issue as they said:
However, Diamond Club customers will still be able to earn destinations miles by using the bmi Credit Card and can transfer these into Executive Club Avios at an attractive rate, using our transfer tool. Find out more about transferring your miles here.
However the status miles may be a little more difficult - you would have to earn them before 27th October (as status mile earning stops thereafter) and I don't remember them posting quite as quickly as within 2 weeks. Not sure if anyone else has applied more recently and could update as to timescales?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 3:11 am

Programs: BA GGL
The bumph on the web site says it may take up to 35 days for the miles to post, which is obviously too long. Also, I applied earlier this year and I remember having to chase the miles because they didn't arrive within 35 days of account approval as advertised (although they turned out to be only a day or two late, and I don't think my chasing was what prompted their arrival).

Having said that, I think you'd have a decent case for arguing that if they're still advertising the status miles as a benefit of signing up (which they are) then you should still get them and therefore the silver status. If it's now too late to get the status miles then they should remove this from the list of benefits of getting the card.

If you have over 12,000 status miles then I think it's worth risking it, as long as having BAEC silver is something you would consider valuable. If it doesn't work out then I think you have a strong case for, at the very least, getting a refund of the annual fee on the basis that the main advertised incentive for getting the paid card rather than the free one didn't actually exist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.