Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI DC booking changed on BA.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

BMI DC booking changed on BA.com

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but it was originally done via BMI DC so here goes.

I'm off to Sydney via Singapore in November then flying back to the UK via Bangkok.

I've just logged into BA website and check my booking and the outward journey is still showing SQ business class but the return journey which should say TG First Class says Economy but the seats of 2K&F are showing. The flight from BKK-LHR says seat choices are available at checkin.

Also the outbound journey is showing as pricing class of (i) and return is showing as (o)

Should I be worried or is this just an error on the BA site as TG site is still showing original booking.

I tried to call BA & TG but couldn't get through.

If anyone can shine a light on it I'd be grateful or if there is any alternative site to check now that Lufthansa no longer recognises my bookings and also who's site is more up to date?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
A search way back to 2008 finds this thread : booking class O (first class) erroneously shows as economy when viewed in systems such as checkmytrip. I think this is the same.

Have you logged into the TG site and chosen your F meal yet ?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Jofneytoad
Also the outbound journey is showing as pricing class of (i) and return is showing as (o)

Should I be worried or is this just an error on the BA site as TG site is still showing original booking.

If anyone can shine a light on it I'd be grateful or if there is any alternative site to check now that Lufthansa no longer recognises my bookings and also who's site is more up to date?

Thanks in advance
Why not check on bmi's website? Or on TG's? Or on Check My Trip?

O class on TG is First Class.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
A search way back to 2008 finds this thread : booking class O (first class) erroneously shows as economy when viewed in systems such as checkmytrip. I think this is the same.

Have you logged into the TG site and chosen your F meal yet ?
Thanks Oxon Flyer, I'm just being over cautious as it's my first time in business and first and would hate for anything to go wrong as i've been planning this trip for our a year.

Not chosen meals yet as we were just going to wait to see what the menu was like on the day. Any recommendations on TG F food?

Thanks again.
Jonathan
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Why not check on bmi's website? Or on TG's? Or on Check My Trip?

O class on TG is First Class.
Thanks Irishguy28 I had checked these other sites but wasn't sure who's site was correct now that BA is picking up the tab just wanted to make sure I hadn't been demoted unknowingly.

Thanks
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Jofneytoad
Not chosen meals yet as we were just going to wait to see what the menu was like on the day. Any recommendations on TG F food?
Even if you're not going to pre-order a specific TG F meal it's still probably worth having a look on the website anyway : if you really are in F it *should* present you with the pre-order menu - that'll confirm all is OK.

FWIW I had the Tom Yum Goong, which was not particularly stellar.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Even if you're not going to pre-order a specific TG F meal it's still probably worth having a look on the website anyway : if you really are in F it *should* present you with the pre-order menu - that'll confirm all is OK.

FWIW I had the Tom Yum Goong, which was not particularly stellar.
When I'm on http://www.thaiairways.com/ then go to check my booking, when the page comes up with my flight details etc and I click on meals/seat preferences nothing happens.....

I'll give TG a call tomorrow as the UK office was closed when I called earlier

Thanks again
Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:47 am
Original Poster

All sorted, called TG in London and got confirmation, I must say though on the couple of times I've called TG in London I find them very abrupt on the phone and they seem reluctant to be helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.