Wiki Posts
Search

DC Gold transfers to BAEC and GGL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold, HH Diamond, BA, FB
Smile DC Gold transfers to BAEC and GGL

Should DC Gold transfers to BAEC not be given GGL after earning an additional 1000 tier points? When we transfer over, most of us get 23 months at BA gold so if I earn more than 1000 tier points this year should I not be GGL as I know that I will be gold next year any way?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I'm afraid not.

To earn GGL, you need to earn 5,000 Tier Points during your membership year, or to earn 3,000 Tier Points in each of 2 consecutive years.

Until you meet either of those requirements, you won't get GGL.

The status match from diamond club, and the subsequent transfer of destinations miles to Avios, did not affect in any way your Tier Point balance. Being awarded Gold status in BA does not mean your account was topped up to 1,500 TPs. Therefore, there is no "shortcut" to achieving GGL arising from the BA/bmi tie-up.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
BA has been very generous to us. Time not to be greedy.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Traveloguy

I'm hopeful that the generosity works in BAs favor and ex bmi loyal members continue to fly BA.

cs
Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Traveloguy

Maximisation of benefits derived from airline FFPs is a major driver of these threads. It's slightly odd for a FTer to refer to this maximisation as greed.

The manifestation of BAEC actions may create a veneer of generosity: but the decisions behind those actions were made in pretty hard-nosed spirit of revenue generation.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Maximisation of benefits derived from airline FFPs is a major driver of these threads. It's slightly odd for a FTer to refer to this maximisation as greed.

The manifestation of BAEC actions may create a veneer of generosity: but the decisions behind those actions were made in pretty hard-nosed spirit of revenue generation.
I'm sorry but I can't see BA seeing lots of Star Alliance activity as being beneficial to obtaining GGL which is very BA specific. You get 90% of the extras with BA gold as it is.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 2:19 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
I'm hopeful that the generosity works in BAs favor and ex bmi loyal members continue to fly BA.
I am pretty sure many members will give it a try. That's all what the generosity can afford them. I am pretty sure very few people will stick with BA because they are grateful for the match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.