Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Adding BD number to a Hilton reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2012, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)

Before booking a Hilton hotel I added my BD number to my profile and set it as the default. However, at check-in I noticed my BA number (my previous default) was showing on my reservation.

The hotel can change it for me but I want to make sure that they enter the number in my booking correctly. Will the receptionist have a drop down list of airlines to choose from (like the website) or will they have to enter a two letter code manually?

Telling them to enter BD would seem obvious but I remember many years ago as a flying blue member I'd see some weird prefixes on my invoice but the miles would credit. I remember selecting "Air France/KLM Flying Blue" and it would give the prefix AK on the booking, just selecting Air France and I got FR on my invoice!!!

Perhaps Hilton have changed these to the standard prefixes by now, but if they haven't I'd be worried bmi would appear as something different like BM instead of BD.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 1:53 am

Programs: Yes please
I checked out of a Hilton yesterday and my BD number was shown correctly in the invoice.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 2:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
bmi does appear as BM on Hilton invoices.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by SouthOxon
I checked out of a Hilton yesterday and my BD number was shown correctly in the invoice.
After what RAPC says can you confirm whether it actually said BD XXXXXXXXXX or just the number without the prefix?

Perhaps it's set up so both BD and BM work?
Old Jun 9, 2012, 4:22 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by layz
After what RAPC says can you confirm whether it actually said BD XXXXXXXXXX or just the number without the prefix?
I too checked out of a hilton yesterday and the invoice included my DC no in the format: BM XXXXXXXXXXX
Old Jun 9, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Just to add - getting it changed at reception is definitely the way to go. I had some that erroneously posted to my BAEC number (NOT what I wanted given the better bmi earning rates!) even after I'd removed my BAEC number from my Hilton account. It seems to be that whatever preferences were in place at the time of booking are then carried forward unless changed at check-in. This is in contrast your Hilton MyWay preferences (for points+points or points+miles) - these can be changed after check-out and it's the ones in force at midnight MST after checking out that apply (I kept switching these and that bit worked perfectly)
Old Jun 9, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: Yes please
Originally Posted by layz

Perhaps it's set up so both BD and BM work?
Unfortunately, I used the 'Express Checkout' and I do not yet have a paper copy of the bill. It certainly was my number prefixed with either BD or BM, but I cannot remember which.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
I too checked out of a hilton yesterday and the invoice included my DC no in the format: BM XXXXXXXXXXX
That's the format. It is certainly consistent across the UK Hiltons in this way at the ones I have stayed at.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RAPC
That's the format. It is certainly consistent across the UK Hiltons in this way at the ones I have stayed at.
And Germany, and Spain, and I don't remember elsewhere but I am pretty sure it's coded systemwide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.