Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Ever heard of 723 pounds in taxes on a one-way booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ever heard of 723 pounds in taxes on a one-way booking?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
The taxes are still wrong. How does one contact PTA folks?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:32 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by 1k650
The taxes are still wrong. How does one contact PTA folks?
If you paid too much, you need to contact Refunds, either in writing or by phone. Contact details on BMI.com
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:29 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I believe this is a percentage of a full fare ticket - and most likely the ICC is once again not treating an award as zero base.
If this is a percentage tax they used a wrong Amadeus entry. They quoted you a published fare taxes (FXP entry) while they should have used an override element:

FXP/ZO-100P

This way the percentage taxes would go down to zero. Google for yourself - there are many sites publishing Amadeus pricing/ticketing manuals - study these and you will be smarter than PNQ guys
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by TPJ
If this is a percentage tax they used a wrong Amadeus entry. They quoted you a published fare taxes (FXP entry) while they should have used an override element:

FXP/ZO-100P

This way the percentage taxes would go down to zero. Google for yourself - there are many sites publishing Amadeus pricing/ticketing manuals - study these and you will be smarter than PNQ guys
Who do I contact to get it fixed? I have sent emails, tried social media but no response.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by 1k650
Who do I contact to get it fixed? I have sent emails, tried social media but no response.
Send a polite email with details to refunds at flybmi dot com. They don't answer the phone much. I guess they prefer to spend their time actually processing refunds! I have had results on 2 bookings needing refunds this way.

Note the person who handled a similar refund for me is now away for a week or so. So they may be even more short staffed than usual. It helps if you write out exactly what you think is incorrect, and what you think would be correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.