Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

BD will always be Queen of the Skies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Having sadly taken my last ever (planned) BD operated flight last week (MAN-FRA-MAN), I thought I would pay hommage to the most beautiful livery in the skies. I went to Manchester's Runway Museum and Viewing Park this afternoon to take a glimpse at my favourite colour scheme. In no way am I a "spotter", but after BD has looked after me so well over so many years and on so many routes, I decided I wanted to see it up close for one last time. Apologies for the poor photo quality, I was using my iPhone.

G-MIDO operating LH943 MAN-FRA:

IMG_0414 by rossmacd2012, on Flickr

G-DBCH operating BD585 MAN-LHR:

IMG_0435 by rossmacd2012, on Flickr

Even the Jungle Jets look fabulous.....

G-RJXK operating BD1344 LYS-MAN:

IMG_0456 by rossmacd2012, on Flickr

and what it will all become.....

G-EUOB operating BA1395 MAN-LHR:

IMG_0440 by rossmacd2012, on Flickr

For those who have not had the chance to visit the Runway Visitor Park, I would say it is an excellent afternoon out, even if a bit chilly and wet as it was this afternoon

I even got to watch MAN's finest (Airport Fire & Rescue) in action as G-OJMR encountered a landing gear failure and subsequent aborted landing. I am glad to report she touched down perfectly ^

Glad to be back indoors in the warm and dry!
Old May 7, 2012, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its true, whenever I see the bmi livery it makes me smile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.