Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Choosing seats on award flights? (on TAP)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2012, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamon Club

Apologies, searching this forum I haven't figured the answer to this question out

Just booked my first, last and only redemption with Diamond Club via the ICC on a couple of TAP flights to Brazil.

Is there any way for me to choose the seats? at this point? Can I do that on Lufthansa's site for TAP flights (As yet I'm not registered). My mum bought a ticket for the same flight on opodo, so it'd be nice to sit together
Old Apr 21, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by galego
]

Is there any way for me to choose the seats? at this point? Can I do that on Lufthansa's site for TAP flights (As yet I'm not registered). My mum bought a ticket for the same flight on opodo, so it'd be nice to sit together
You don't need to be registered.

Open lufthansa.co.uk (whatever!)

Simply click on the "login/my bookings" button to the right of the yellow banner.

The third button down will be "last name/booking code": go for this

and enter your (guess what?) last name and booking code.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold

Seems that post 19/4 you cannot get the reservation to show on LH. At least for mine that has no LH metal on it, I just get an error.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Simply click on the "login/my bookings" button to the right of the yellow banner.

The third button down will be "last name/booking code": go for this

and enter your (guess what?) last name and booking code.
Lufthansa now appear to be blocking bmi-made bookings here; a redemption I booked a couple of weeks ago that was fine in LH MMB last week is now not loading. (It's fine on checkmytrip.)
Old Apr 21, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
I could access them through the LOT website (and select my seat) there, even if I had no LOT segment.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Seems that post 19/4 you cannot get the reservation to show on LH. At least for mine that has no LH metal on it, I just get an error.
Are you doing this internally i.e, through "my bookings" while you are logged on to lufthansa.com, or externally through the menu revealed by clicking on the "log in/my booking button" (but without logging on).

I ask because the external approach works unfailingly and repeatedly for me. And it's not often I get smiled upon by Lufthansa!

Indeed, all four of the rather complicated, multi-carrier, but completely lufthansa-free reservations I made yesterday show up, and I can make/change seat reservations. And the reservations include two TP sectors.

This method also opens reservations NOT in my name, something the internal "my bookings" option will not allow.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamon Club
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Are you doing this internally i.e, through "my bookings" while you are logged on to lufthansa.com, or externally through the menu revealed by clicking on the "log in/my booking button" (but without logging on).

I ask because the external approach works unfailingly and repeatedly for me. And it's not often I get smiled upon by Lufthansa!

Indeed, all four of the rather complicated, multi-carrier, but completely lufthansa-free reservations I made yesterday show up, and I can make/change seat reservations. And the reservations include two TP sectors.

This method also opens reservations NOT in my name, something the internal "my bookings" option will not allow.
hmmm just tried the 'external' method and get the message

"The system is unable to retrieve this trip, please contact your TravelSupport Desk if further details are needed. Contact information can befound by clicking the 'Contact' link above. (141 [284])"
Old Apr 22, 2012, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by galego
hmmm just tried the 'external' method and get the message

"The system is unable to retrieve this trip, please contact your TravelSupport Desk if further details are needed. Contact information can befound by clicking the 'Contact' link above. (141 [284])"

I just tried entering a nonsense reservation and got the following:

"Unfortunately we could not find a reservation under the booking code you entered. Please check or correct your entries and, if necessary, try again or contact our Service Center. (8104 - 1929)"

My legit (TG, TK, TP) redemption reservations still work fine:
OK - I must be somehow blessed by the LH-gods!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.