Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

How long does it take to charge the credit card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2012, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold

So ... I have made a booking last week, gave my credit card number and the transaction showed pending on my account once they have ticket the reservation (about 36 hours).

BMI never finalized the charge from the credit card. The charge has since dropped from the pending list (happens automatically after 5 days). Calling BMI - the ICC says there is nothing to worry about.

Should I start panicking now? What is the estimated time to charge one credit card?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
So ... I have made a booking last week, gave my credit card number and the transaction showed pending on my account once they have ticket the reservation (about 36 hours).

BMI never finalized the charge from the credit card. The charge has since dropped from the pending list (happens automatically after 5 days). Calling BMI - the ICC says there is nothing to worry about.

Should I start panicking now? What is the estimated time to charge one credit card?
It took 8 days for my last booking to appear. It never dropped off pending. Has the booking got an eticket number on CMT?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lizban
It took 8 days for my last booking to appear. It never dropped off pending. Has the booking got an eticket number on CMT?
Got the e-ticket last Wednesday (a week ago) - thus my worry. The credit card company will nullify the approval after 10 days if it is not charged. Trying to find space again within the time limits of BMI star partnership and the route I want will not be easy if that what end up happening.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Update - the payment finally pushed through. about 7-8 days after the booking. I don't know if it would have been anyway, or my twice daily phone calls did their trick. Save some $ due to the currency fluctuations so cannot really complain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.