Wiki Posts
Search

Q re. TAM award availability?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2012, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Q re. TAM award availability?

Did a search on TAM availability and read quite a few threads most of which said SA and domestic routes only become available 3 months in advance? However I think I noticed a few comments saying that they can be booked with a long-haul leg up to 6 months in advance even when availability isn't showing on ANA... I have a ticket GRU-LHR on TAM in 4 months and was wondering if I could add a LIM-GRU or maybe even an IGU-GRU (with a stopover in GRU) even though those flights don't show availability on ANA??

Anyone with any experience who can help me?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: BMI
I think this is possible and called a married flight, as this is classed as one continuing flight. The problem I have is that I need to book now for Dec, as *A wont be around for BMI customers as of the end of May. TAM, as you rightly mention, only releases rewards 6 months out, so I'll have to book with TAP via Lisbon and then try and add the segment GRU-ASU later down the line and hope IAG will be able to help...
Old Apr 9, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
You cannot add them to an existing booking if it is more than 3 months in advance (well, you can always try in case you get lucky)
You can get domestic flights more than 3 months in advance if you book together with an intercontinental flight in one itinerary and it shows availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.