Search

BMI LHR International Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Silver
BMI LHR International Lounge

Evening all,

Just had a quick read of the FAQ, so just ensuring I've got this right. I'm a lowly BD Blue these days, but happily LH Sen. So, with an upcoming LHR - MAN flight with BD, I can get into the T1 Star Alliance Lounge and the BMI Domestic Lounge - but not sure about BMI's other offering? Is it part of the Star Alliance lounge network or would I be turned away at the door if I wanted to have a quick look around in there?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by randalf
Evening all,

Just had a quick read of the FAQ, so just ensuring I've got this right. I'm a lowly BD Blue these days, but happily LH Sen. So, with an upcoming LHR - MAN flight with BD, I can get into the T1 Star Alliance Lounge and the BMI Domestic Lounge - but not sure about BMI's other offering? Is it part of the Star Alliance lounge network or would I be turned away at the door if I wanted to have a quick look around in there?
You've got it spot on. Your SEN card will get you into the Star Alliance Lounge at the far end of the departure lounge. Conventional wisdom says go here first and stock up on food as the pickings at the domestic lounge are slim (although better than they were). This lounge also has showers.
Then head over to the domestic lounge or London Room. No showers and limited food but a nice place to sit for a bit.

Sadly bmi doesn't allow passengers flying domestically or to Dublin into its (lovely) international lounge. This is a specific exception to the normal rules for *G cardholders. Although if you're keen to visit do keep in mind that your SEN card will get you in on any international Star Alliance flight leaving Terminal 1.

Happy travels!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Silver
Excellent, ta for the clarification!

Was BD*S at the time of the lounge refurbs, so I knew International Lounge access would be verboten at that time, but never was sure whether they let the *G's in or not!

Will take your advice and have a look at the regular *A lounge and then head over to the London Room - have always liked the coffee in the machines...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.