Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: Europe - SIN/HKG/BKK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: Europe - SIN/HKG/BKK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2011, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, EI Elite, A3 Gold
Europe - SIN/HKG/BKK

I am trying to include HKG in a trip to SIN and BKK for me and Mrs mcv - no real probs getting into and out of SIN or BKK but flights from UK to HKG in C/F are scarce to say the least and i dont want to use the miles for a separate intra asia flight.

Giving lack of availability would the following routing be accepted by ICC?:

DUB* - LHR - SIN (stopover) - HKG
HKG - BKK (stopover) - LHR - BHD

*to save on taxes as advised by antichef at the Belfast drinks doo
Old Dec 25, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Can't see a problem with either of those
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), UA Silver (*A Silver), VS
Just booked that exact routing (well stopovers the other way round but almost) without the DUB / BHD bit and it was fine. I'm sure they will have no problem with it
Old Dec 25, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
The only comment I have is on the timing: if you are booking this for late in the year, the BD connection from DUB may just be gone... all things being equal, BA should simply book you to the EI codeshare, but still, uncertainty on these matters is not so cool...
Old Dec 26, 2011, 5:59 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by davemcv

*to save on taxes as advised by antichef at the Belfast drinks doo
Have the Belfast taxes not just been reduced and common rated with Dublin by the UK Government?
Old Dec 26, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Have the Belfast taxes not just been reduced and common rated with Dublin by the UK Government?
Only for international flights departing belfast. Domestic connections to int flights from UK hubs do not benefit from this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.