Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Rant: New OLCI - starting 06 August 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rant: New OLCI - starting 06 August 2011

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC CCR, BAEC Lifetime GGL, Hilton Hhonors Lifetime Diamond
New OLCI - starting 06 August 2011

I checked in online for 2 BMI flights DUB - LHR - BSL on Friday 5th August. OLCI was the old familiar setup. On checking in for today's return (last night) a whole new OLCI feature appeared which, in my view, is a deterioration from the old process.

Firstly I entered my Locator and Surname with departure airport - from there I was brought to an unfamiliar screen where I had to re-enter my surname, date of birth, passport number, flight number and departure city. On the outbound sectors (as my passport details had been recorded on LH.com) I only had to enter my passport number. It took me three attempts to OLCI as I received several system error messages.

When after several screens on the third attempt my boarding pass was generated as a PDF (no collect at airport option) it was 4 pages long, 2 pages per sector. A new feature is a big "E" across the document, presumably for e-ticket. Additionally there is a page 2 "airport copy".

Another programming error is that LHR - DUB did not appear as Flexible Economy but Business Class documented in 2 places on the Boarding Pass. When I asked the ticket desk and lounge staff whether they would be paying £12 extra to HMRC for a recreated business class they had no idea what I was talking about. My ticket was booked in J class.

New OLCI a retrograde "enhancement" from the BMI e-commerce team.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
The mobile boarding was unchanged about ten minutes ago, this was for a domestic flight though. Might be a workaround, at least temporarily.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by docgasman
When after several screens on the third attempt my boarding pass was generated as a PDF (no collect at airport option) it was 4 pages long, 2 pages per sector. A new feature is a big "E" across the document, presumably for e-ticket. Additionally there is a page 2 "airport copy".

New OLCI a retrograde "enhancement" from the BMI e-commerce team.
This sounds like the Swissport OLCI system you get sent to if you're flying out of Basel it's exceptionally irritating (especially since it can't use your API) but it's only for that airport and nothing like this is going to be rolled out across the network (as far as I know).
Old Aug 7, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by sigma421
This sounds like the Swissport OLCI system you get sent to if you're flying out of Basel it's exceptionally irritating (especially since it can't use your API) but it's only for that airport and nothing like this is going to be rolled out across the network (as far as I know).
Yup, that's all it is.

Incidentally, although there's no specific 'Collect at Airport' option, you can get a reprint (on a standard Card) at any of the LX Check-in desks in BSL, if you either don't have access to a Printer, forget to bring your printouts with you or, *ahem* you just prefer the Card BP.

As for the Flexible Economy being listed as Business, that's probably just down to how the fare is differentiated as no Swissport handled Carrier in Switzerland has a Premium Economy (or however you want to call it) Cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.