Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Emigrating - what will happen to my points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Morning all

We are emigrating to Australia in October and have loads of DC points. We had saved them for a business class trip to South Africa - but plans have changed.

My question is: if we emigrate in October and havent used the points - will we lose them?

I have no clue as to availability of reward flights in October (I can't find my ANA number to check online) so may not be able to use them then.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by MissBehaving; Apr 20, 2011 at 11:49 pm
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:30 am

Programs: *A Gold
Originally Posted by MissBehaving
Morning all

We are emigrating to Australia in October and have loads of DC points. We had saved them for a business class trip to South Africa - but plans have changed.

My question is: if we emigrate in October and havent used the points - will we lose them?

I have no clue as to availability of reward flights in October (I can't find my ANA number to check online) so may not be able to use them then.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
I believe DC points are tied to your userid and not your location. You can change addresses as much as you want or sign up with fake addresses.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by MissBehaving
Morning all

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
You won't lose them as long as you credit your account with some miles from time to time (I think it is as long as 3 years for bmi before they delete them).

So I would put the odd hotel stay in from time to time (or even buy miles to keep your account active). You can then redeem ex-Australia on *A.

Enjoy the sun down there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.