Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Winter Snow 2010: Tales of Woe and Call Centre Not Answering Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
CONSOLIDATED: Winter Snow 2010 Tales of Woe and Call Centre Not Answering Thread

As the snow/cancellation/rebooking/holiday-ruined/call-centre-does-not-answer thing is likely to continue for a while longer and is causing utter chaos to LHR and beyond, I have consolidated all the snow/help threads in to this one.

Please use this thread for all discussion/queries/requests for help.

And if you cannot get through to bmi's call centre, try emailing open [at] flybmi [dot] com for assistance.

GoldCircle
bmi forum Mod team

Last edited by GoldCircle; Dec 20, 2010 at 1:53 am
Old Dec 17, 2010, 2:09 pm

Programs: BD *G

Well, there I was, all ready to finish up for Christmas today when I heard that things weren't looking good in Belfast - little did I know, not one flight would make it in or out today.

I turned up at LHR only to be told that all flights to BHD had been cancelled and I would either have to call the ICC or join the 400 deep queue to speak to customer services. I called the ICC to transfer to a flight tomorrow - nothing, asked to transfer to DUB tonight - no go and in the end I had to settle for the first available flight back to BHD...........on Sunday evening.

I understand that these sort of things can't be helped, it's really frustrating though - especially given the time of year.

I've also booked an Aer Lingus return tomorrow night, just on the off chance

/blog
Old Dec 17, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Chaos at T1: LHR to TXL

Rang several times today ; even 15 mins from T1 reassured that 1750 to TXL was flying;left car and got to check in. After some not sures; told canceled as TXL has been closed. Queues for customer service wound round and round and very litle help from any one. Same at the LH desk ; a 3.5 hr wait to get to the desk; not that we waited. TXL was not closed at all; indeed easyjet was on time ...Ho Hum... What was annoying was the complete lack of communication and not the cancellation. It was a birthday trip for Mum so now back at home with wine.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ICH Plat, Radisson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
As a point of balance....

Was in T1 waiting for a LHR-GLA flight and was talking at 1700ish to a colleague waiting for a TXL-CPH SAS flight at 1900ish and had no idea when it was leaving due to the intermittent but extremely heavy snow......
Old Dec 17, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by simonsmith
TXL was not closed at all; indeed easyjet was on time
easyJet don't fly to TXL, they serve SXF so the fact that easyJet were flying to Berlin doesn't necessarily mean that TXL was open. After all LGW was closed a few weeks ago when LHR was open.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 4:45 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Is this related to TXL being open/closed, or the fact the some of the TXL flights are operated by GLA-based a/c and crew?
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:32 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
There was no snow at LHR last night; You are correct easyjet does not fly to TXL apologies; but TXL was certainly not closed; there were many other departures/ arrivals there. My annoyance was that I called bmi before arrival at LHR to double check the information on bmis website which had just changed to show the flight had been cancelled. The call center insisted that it was not cancelled hence us giving up our car and going to check in where we were told it was. Check in said it was because TXL was closed which it was not. A 3.5 hr queue announced for customer service desk at the airport and little communication which is always frustrating. Still we came off lightly compared to some.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 6:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
TXL wasn't fully closed, but was I believe restricting flight movements. It may well be that the LHR-TXL flight wasn't given clearance to operate under the restricted movements that they could handle.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:17 am
Suspended

DC Redemption on Lufthansa cancelled tomorrow (19th Dec) - still go to LHR?

Hi all,

Mrs Ryan and myself are due to fly tomorrow morning on the following flights.

LHR – FRA Depart 07:05 LH923

FRA – AUH Depart 11:30 LH618

From checking Lufthansa.co.uk they have said that LH923 is cancelled. The problem is that on Monday we have an Egypt Air flight onto Cairo.

If Heathrow opens up in the next hour or so and things start flying again, will Lufthansa still run the flight tomorrow morning? Should we even try to get to LHR?

Ive tried to ring Lufthansa but their customer service line is 10p (more from mobiles) and Im just always on hold.

Gutted....
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by SgtRyan

If Heathrow opens up in the next hour or so and things start flying again, will Lufthansa still run the flight tomorrow morning? Should we even try to get to LHR?
I hate to say it, but I can't see it happening. The first 3 flights tomorrow are all cancelled. Your best chance would be to see if you could get a flight from an alternative airport such as MAN instead?
Old Dec 18, 2010, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by simonsmith
The call center insisted that it was not cancelled
Sorry to say it but hole in one. Why should any of us believe anything the ICC tells us? Sorry to hear of your and your mother's misfortune though. I trust you found a way to make up for the disappointment of missing the trip. I do hope you both make it to Berlin one day, such a fun place.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 2:04 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RAPC
I hate to say it, but I can't see it happening. The first 3 flights tomorrow are all cancelled. Your best chance would be to see if you could get a flight from an alternative airport such as MAN instead?
Even if the OP can make it to MAN in the morning LH949 departing 07:00 is zeroed out according to ExpertFlyer and LH941 09:05 has been cancelled.

According to lufthansa.com the conditions in FRA sound pretty bad, too.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Guys,

I need to get some advice to see where I stand with this situation.
I rang up Lufthansa in the USA (got through after 40 minutes on hold). The guy was very friendly and tried to re book us. He then said that he was looking at all other options and found a direct flight from LHR – AUH with British Airways.

When the guy went to see about booking us into that flight tomorrow, his supervisor blocked it saying that because we have booked 2 separate tickets they can’t help. They can only sort out the LHR – FRA flight.

I booked 2 separate flights to save on UK departure tax.

So, although we are meant to be doing LHR – FRA – AUH , Lufthansa only has responsibility for the LHR – FRA part of the flight. He then said that its down to BMI to get us to AUH??? Is he right or wrong?

Any advice would be helpful.

Cheers
Old Dec 18, 2010, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Even if the OP can make it to MAN in the morning LH949 departing 07:00 is zeroed out according to ExpertFlyer and LH941 09:05 has been cancelled.
Ahh good point, scrub that idea then. I'd noticed they had already cancelled 2 of the 4 MAN-FRA flights for tomorrow. Seems like both the MAN-MUC flights are running at least though. Germany has had a fair bit of weather related disruption too. Not a good weekend for travel
Old Dec 18, 2010, 2:22 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Are these paid or redemption tickets?

Not sure what bmi has to do with FRA-AUH flight

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Guys,

I need to get some advice to see where I stand with this situation.
I rang up Lufthansa in the USA (got through after 40 minutes on hold). The guy was very friendly and tried to re book us. He then said that he was looking at all other options and found a direct flight from LHR – AUH with British Airways.

When the guy went to see about booking us into that flight tomorrow, his supervisor blocked it saying that because we have booked 2 separate tickets they can’t help. They can only sort out the LHR – FRA flight.

I booked 2 separate flights to save on UK departure tax.

So, although we are meant to be doing LHR – FRA – AUH , Lufthansa only has responsibility for the LHR – FRA part of the flight. He then said that its down to BMI to get us to AUH??? Is he right or wrong?

Any advice would be helpful.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.