Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

BMI 3rd Quarter Operating Profit of EUR 3 million

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2010, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Page 18 of the LH Group Q3 report has some interesting financial information on bmi.

http://investor-relations.lufthansa...._fjvlqaez5.pdf

Highlights:
- 3rd Quarter operating profit of €3million.
- Q123 loss of €90 million
- Profitability expected by 2012
- Yields in local markets not OK, but middle east and CIS on positive track.
- invest in product quality - especially cabins.

Not great if you can only make a very small profit during the high season but it does seem to indicate a positive trend. I wonder if cost cutting (from consolidation phase by means of new processes and more efficient routines) can actually ensure the secure the future of local routes (I take this to mean domestic and EU). Also I would have expected at least some mention of baby & regional...
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
everyone is making profit in 3Q, I wouldn't read too much into it. Unless you make a profit for the full year it is meaningless IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.