Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Newbie Question: Slight panic to save miles from expiring...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie Question: Slight panic to save miles from expiring...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2010, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Slight panic to save miles from expiring...

I have long neglected my DC account. No activity for 3 or 4 years. I have a balance of around 70,000 (still showing when I log in).

I've read the FAQs and T+Cs, in particular:

"Members who have not recorded any activity with bmi, its Diamond Club partners, or made a redemption with the same parties and other promotional third parties, for a 12 month period, from the date of their last recorded activity on the Diamond Club database, shall be deemed dormant. If no claim is made on any residual Destinations Miles on that member’s account, membership may be terminated after a further 12 months and all remaining miles forfeited"

Would it be an idea to put an order through for 1,000 miles at £12 + £15 transaction fee to keep the account alive (and would it work)?

I have no other obvious way of putting some miles on right now and probably not the time to do a mileage run for at least a couple of months.

Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2010, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by jimbo99
Would it be an idea to put an order through for 1,000 miles at £12 + £15 transaction fee to keep the account alive (and would it work)?
Yes.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
no e-rewards?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 7:22 am

Programs: BD *G, Tufty Club - crossing the road is far more dangerous than flying
You could also buy something online using the bmi shopping portal:

http://earn.flybmi.com/
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
If there is nothing you think is worth buying and you don't think its worth £27 for 1000 miles you could also donate 2000 miles to CLIC Sargent cancer care for children.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 4:30 pm

Buying something in one of their e-shops is the best way... even if you just earn 1 mile, it will cause the expiry clock to extend.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Belated thanks for all the replies.

In the end I just bought some miles as this seemed to be the quickest way of being sure something would post to the account (almost) instantly. I'll use the other methods to keep it alive, unless of course I actually manage to book a *alliance flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.