Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Please help me understand my mileage activity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2010, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

I signed up for Diamond Club in December beacuse I was going to take a one way business class flight from TLV-LHR that I couldnt credit anywhere else (Im Oneworld im afraid).

Just logged into my account for the first time and the flight posted.

Then on the same day I have a post Tier upgraded from Blue to Blue Plus - minus 3000 (under column Member).

One month later - 3000 SMILES credited as an incentive for Campaign 3k Status Miles Award-1 at BD - plus 3000 (again under column member)

Two days later - 3000 SMILES credited as an incentive for Campaign 3K Status Miles Award B-1 at BD - plus 3000

Then a week later - Manual Account Update Activity Debit for Miscellaneous - minus 3000.

Can anyone explain this to me. I cant remember if there were any promos that I signed up to when I joined but any help would be appreciated! I dont think I would fly enough on star alliance for the status miles to mean anything but im very curious!
Old May 12, 2010, 6:32 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
You are looking at the column that indicates your membership status miles (which tier you are at: Blue Silver or Gold (and previously Blue Plus).

Before your flight you were a Blue member.
After your flight you earned enough miles to reach the Blue Plus.
On reaching Blue plus you had your status miles reset (by 3000 miles).

The Blue Plus tier then ceased to exist; all members that were Blue Plus at this time got given an extra 3000 status miles.

Two days later, for some reason you got given an extra 3000 miles. It looks like this was a mistake; a week later these extra miles were removed.

So all in all, it sounds like you've received everything correctly. Confusing, though you will get used to that if you stick around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.