Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rant: So much for being *A Gold

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Kamal Toe
I don't see why, just because somebody chooses to have children as a lifestyle choice, they should then get priority over people who choose not to have children.
I'd expect the airline to apply discretion to reduce overall passenger anxiety. I can see your point that some adults can be more 'anxious' than most children.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Mucci des tres pathetiques
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
From our perspective, I would expect that we would be in the queue along with everybody else in order of when we were due to fly, not because of status or the fact that we have 2 small kids.
I agree.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
If you had two families, but one was just a couple and the other had two children, are you saying that the couple with two children should automatically get priority?
I think you are interpretting what I wrote in a most bizarre fashion. There's no point continuing this discussion on here and I really don't want to engage in correspondence by PM on this. Its quite obvious what I meant and it was never intended to turn into a discussion about travelling with children.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: BMI Gold, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond, BA Blue
Well, I'm not wishing to enter a debate over who should have priority or not, but I thought it was worth mentioning that in my case, the ICC was able to re-route me(family of 4) in a matter of minutes and in a very professional manner (not what I'm used to). Although I did need to speak to Senior PTS to iron out some other details, I really can't complain.

I was due to fly out on the 17th with United in first from IAD to LHR. Called BMI on 18th and was re-booked on to Lufthansa in first via Frankfurt for 22nd. I wasn't bothered about which class, but there was no Economy or Business availability until this week at the earliest.

What did suprise me is that there were about 4 free seats in first on my flight to Frankfurt. I had assumed that all flights flying across the atlantic would have been full in all classes.

But, big thumbs up to BMI (ICC and PTS) for a relatively painless rebooking of redemption flights.^
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
Originally Posted by holiam
I was due to fly out on the 17th with United in first from IAD to LHR. Called BMI on 18th and was re-booked on to Lufthansa in first via Frankfurt for 22nd. I wasn't bothered about which class, but there was no Economy or Business availability until this week at the earliest.
And did you manage this without incurring the LH F premium?
Old Apr 25, 2010, 9:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I don't see why, just because somebody chooses to have children as a lifestyle choice, they should then get priority over people who choose not to have children.
Would you not hope that the airline would give children first consideration in such a situation or are you one of those blokes who would jump into the lifeboat first?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 3:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci des tres pathetiques
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Would you not hope that the airline would give children first consideration in such a situation or are you one of those blokes who would jump into the lifeboat first?
Why are the needs of somebody with children automatically more important than somebody else's, just because they don't have children?

I don't see the analogy with the lifeboat as waiting for a flight is not a life or death situation.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 4:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, BMI Gold, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, IC Hotels Platinum Ambassador
Well JNB was carnage last week. I got there Friday from LAD and was scheduled to go JNB - MUC - LHR - ABZ on the Saturday. Obviously that wasnt going to happen and when I was told I was waitlisted Sunday, then Monday, then Tuesday and that *G didn;t mean squat (understandably to be honest) and they would not reroute (less understandable on a business ticket) I decided to find my own way home - there were people getting rebooked well into May.... Eventually got JNB - DXB - GLA on an EK Y ticket and then a train. My point however is different - through no fault of my own, I have had to forego a hell of a lot of status miles on my DC card, will they give them to me eventhough the flight was binned?

As this cancellation was hardly my fault, I would have thought they would and I know AF did give me the full miles when forced onto SAA by their strike a few years back. ANyone with experience of this? I hope so otherwise my *G could be a goner.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I'd be inclined to think DC would look favourably on this situation, just as they would on an invol reroute on a non-partner. That said, by walking away from your return portion, you more than likely walked away from your 'right' to miles.

A polite note explaining the situation is the way to go.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, BMI Gold, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, IC Hotels Platinum Ambassador
Cheers GoldCircle. I'll send in the boarding passes as the points on the outward were not, as usual, posted and attach a polite note. Maybe they will be nice to me...its quite a lot of status miles after all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.